Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Website goes down after upgrading to latest version of ToolSet Forms plugin

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My website shows a fatal error after updating Forms.

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'CALLBACK_GET_VIEW_BLOCK_PREVIEW' in path/to/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/controllers/compatibility/editor-blocks/blocks/view/view.php on line 61

Solution: Log in with FTP and rename the cred-frontend-editor plugin directory to disable it. In wp-admin, delete the Toolset Forms plugin. Download a fresh copy from https://toolset.com/account/downloads, then install this copy on your site.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sophieW 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 16.18.22.png

Website goes down when updating to latest version of Toolset Forms plugin

Hi, if you are unable to access wp-admin, please log in to the server with FTP and go to wp-content/plugins. Rename the cred-frontend-editor directory to be cred-frontend-editor-backup. This should allow you to log in to wp-admin. Next, please tell me if any of your other Toolset plugins are pending an update. If so, please update in the following order:
- Types
- Views
- Layouts
- Forms
- Any other Toolset plugins in no particular order

If the problem is not resolved, please provide your site's debug information in your next reply so I can take a look at some of your configurations. We have an article about how to include debug information properly: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Hi Christian, I'm still getting the same error I've attached the debug information above.

Thanks,
Sophie

Okay thank you. Let's try a few more troubleshooting steps first. If you want to activate a Maintenance Mode plugin during testing, that's fine.
- Download a fresh copy of Views from https://toolset.com/account/downloads.
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen or Twenty Nineteen.
- Delete the Views plugin from your site and install the fresh copy you downloaded from our site, then activate it.
- Install the latest version of Forms and try to activate it.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem is not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look.

Hi Christian, if I do this won't I lose the Views I've got set up?

Thanks,
Sophie

No, those will be maintained in the database after you delete the plugin. You won't lose Views data, but it's always a good idea to make a backup just in case something else goes wrong.

Christian, the download options on Toolset don't appear to be working I hit the download button and nothing happens - please advise?

Hmm, I was able to download just now so I'm not sure what could be the problem. Can you try a different browser? It's possible some security settings in the current browser are blocking zip file downloads. If that doesn't help, I will post a different download link for you.

Hi Christian, I've used a different browser with the same result. I can download OK via my Google Drive which I did a test. Might be best to send me a download link. I don't get an error when trying to download.

I did a little more testing with the website - and I followed the process you'd outlined but as I didn't have the latest version of views - I deleted the version that was activated and then installed an early version I had I think it was 2.2 and then updated from this to the latest version. This seems to have worked so far. I'll keep an eye on the website over the next couple of days - would it be possible to keep the ticket open until I can confirm? I can't think why it would stop working now but stranger things have happened!

Thanks,
Sophie

Here is a link where you can download the latest Views and Forms plugins: hidden link

I'll set this ticket as pending an update from you, and it will remain open for 30 days.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.