Skip Navigation

[Waiting for user confirmation] we need a 3rd party plugin shortcode to run in a content template

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We noticed that 3rd party plugin shortcode only runs when it is in the body of an actual post, does not run when used in a content template. How can we insert a shortcode in a content template?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - you can obviously add custom shortcode or any third-party shortcode to content template and it should run.

Can you please tell me how exactly you added the thid-party shortcode and to what content template and send me problem URL where I can see the issue and what is your expected results.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

To demonstrate the custom shortcode works, I've added the custom shortcode to "Custom code" section offered by Toolset:
=> hidden link

And added the following custom shortcode that returns the sample text:

add_shortcode('show_sample_text','func_show_sample_text');
function func_show_sample_text(){
  return "This is sample text from custom shortcode";
}

Then to the same shortcode block I've added the custom shortcode:
=> hidden link

sample text shortcode == [show_sample_text]
your shortcode=[mrp account_id="64879" listing_def="search-1407253" context="recip perm_attr=tmpl~v2"]

As you can see on frontend it does display the sample text from custom shoartcode I added:
- hidden link

But the shortcode you are using is not working. Can you please check with the author of the shortcode and check with them why its not working.

STC toolset custom code.jpg
STC custom code in content template.jpg
STC custom code front end.jpg
STC custom code backend post.jpg
STC custom code frontend post.jpg

Thanks for looking into this issue.

I followed your example and created a shortcode in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code, and inserted it in the Content template.

The result is the code itself as text, and not the grid that was supposed to be rendered.
[mrp account_id=64879 listing_def=search-1407220 context=recip perm_attr=tmpl~v2]

But if we insert the code directly in the post, then it renders the content correctly:
hidden link

How can we make the shortcode be rendered when in the content template?

Please see various screen captures.

Many thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately - the admin access details you shared before is not working at this end. Can you please send me working admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi,

This is Christopher. I'm here to inform you that Minesh will not be available today. He will answer the question tomorrow.

I tested the login information and it works ok. So Minesh will have the necessary information to continue the investigation tomorrow.

I appreciate your patience.

Minesh
Supporter

I tried to wrap the shaortcode with custom shortcode and I find that its not working. However - as I demonstrated the normal shortcode was working fine.

Can you tell me this shortcode belongs to what? any theme or plugin? is there any document related to this? if so, can you please share and and also check with the shortcode author that if this shortcode is mean to use using third-party plugin like Toolset and if so, is there any dependency or any special requirements need to fullfill in order to run with Toolset content template?

The shortcode is generated by "myRealPage IDX Listings" plugin.

Description: Embeds myRealPage Listings into WordPress. Create a post or page and use shortcode button to launch Shortcode Wizard and generate a shortcode.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I do not have any exposure with the plugin you shared as well as I do not see any related doc about the shortcode you are using.

I suggest you should get back to "myRealPage IDX Listings" plugin support and check with them how to use the shortcode they offer with Toolset content template and is there any special requirement to run the shortcode with content template.