Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views Slider with prev/next links – after a while of clicking, slides disappear

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MichaelR9215 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author

Hello,

I am having problems with Views. This has happened before, and I just found another solution, but this time, I need it to work.

The website I am referring to is: hidden link

I created a View slider. I have the slider set to auto transition, and I am using the prev/next links for pagination.

There are currently 2 slides.

If you visit this page, it is the banner slider at the top of the homepage. If you continue to click the next button, the slides transitions a few times, and then on the next click, there is nothing ... the slides disappear, and it is blank. Then, if you try to hit the previous button, the slides do not come back ... it just stays blank.

This has happened on another website before.

Can you please let me know if you have any experience with this?

Thanks!

I did a quick test, and I was able to narrow the focus of this issue.

When I simply have a post title, I do not get a glitch.

However, when I use this code, the issue occurs:

<div class="row">
  <div class="col-sm-5 feature-banner-img">
	[types field='banner-image'][/types]
  </div>
  <div class="col-sm-7 feature-banner-content">
    <h2 class="feature-banner-title">[types field='banner-title'][/types]</h2>
    <div class="feature-banner-text">[types field='banner-body-text'][/types]</div>
  </div>
</div>

Is there some kind of caching issue? Can views not handle the complexity of the slide?

Again ... the slider continues to loop through the posts correctly if I simplify the slide to nothing.

If I use the template above, there is an issue.

Thanks!

One last test revealed the source of the issue.

I removed all of the divs, rows, cols, etc ... I only used the types shortcodes, and the issue went away.

This is not ideal, because I really need to style the slides properly.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Sorry ... I also noticed a JavaScript error when I use the divs ... I don't get this error when I strip the divs out:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'max_pages' of undefined

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

1. Again ... the slider continues to loop through the posts correctly if I simplify the slide to nothing. If I use the template above, there is an issue.

- Is this currently what is on display at votewithheart.com? I can't seem to repeat the issue at the website.

- Can you tell me which browser you are using?

Oh, I'm sorry ... I forgot to close this one! I fixed the issue. It was actually a preexisting issue in Toolset, and I found a hotfix for it.

https://toolset.com/errata/pagination-controls-throw-error-automatic-ajax-transition/

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.