Skip Navigation

[Closed] Views Demo not working

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sharon 11 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Trying to get the Views demo to work is very frustrating - I would love to be able to use it - looks like a great way to learn about this plugin.

I had problems activating the Views Demo when I first downloaded it - but when I went to the plugin menu and selected ACTIVATE it seemed to work until I tried downloaded either the Magazine or Real Estate demo - I got this error:

Sorry, there has been an error.
This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number

The demo was installed on a clean copy of WordPress on a test site.

Dear Sharon,

I have tested under different circumstances and I never received that error. Would it be possible to have access to your Dashboard to see the problem happening? I will send you a private email requesting it.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

Sure - this is the website hidden link

Login under AdminTest, password admintest123

It's just a demo site

It freezes when loading the files so likely is a permissions problem - but I'm not sure which folder/file to edit permissions on - I changed everything to write and the site crashed completely so I just reinstalled it.

Dear Sharon,

Sorry but these details don't work. Can you send me the correct details by private email?

Regards,
Caridad

Sure -= what email would you like me to send them to?

Dear Sharon,

Can you confirm did you received my private email?

Regards,
Caridad

I will wait for the new demo - thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Views Demo not working’ is closed to new replies.