Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views show “No items found”

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Views that were working before are now showing "No items found".

Solution: After activating Polylang, you must be sure to translate the posts or they cannot be found by Views.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Arrien 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

About a week ago a site I built almost two years ago with Toolset stopped showing Views on the front-end.
I deactivated all non-Toolset plug-ins and activated the base Twenty-Seventeen theme, but no luck. When I deactivated the Layouts plug-in however, the views were now visible on the front-end. When trying to use OceanWP, a support Toolset theme, the views disappeared again.

All my Toolset plug-ins are up to date.

hidden link

Please advise.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Arrien,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can check on this for you ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Arrien,

I took a look at all your views and they all are blank, no content within the content area.

Was there any recent change on your site that could've caused this ? Also did you have a backup of what it looked like previously?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

No major changes have been made.

The views seem to work when on this page:
hidden link

But that page goes blank when Layouts plug-in is activated or any other theme is activated.

The views work in conjunction with custom code plug-ins that were developed with Toolset technicians.

Particularly this one: CUCCR Member Stats / Add-on for WP Types

Thoughts?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Arrien,

I tried logging into your site through ftp to enable the wordpress debugging to see if there are any errors being shown on the page.

The ftp showed up empty.

Could you check on this and let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I have fixed the FTP connection issues. You should be able to see the contents now.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Arrien,

Thank you for checking on this for me.

I took a look again and activated Layouts and the page seems to be displaying fine now.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks. Was there a debug issue?

As a result of the fix, some of the views are no longer showing the results of calculations they are supposed to be making on this page:

hidden link

Thoughts?

Is there a better way of calculating the sum of fields with the new Toolset?

Thanks.

Hi, Shane is on holiday this week and I will try to continue assisting you here.

The views seem to work when on this page (hidden link) ... But that page goes blank when Layouts plug-in is activated or any other theme is activated.
I see Layouts active now, and the page is not blank. I have tried with Twenty Seventeen and with OceanWP, but the results are similar. Something else must be going on. What am I missing?

As a result of the fix, some of the views are no longer showing the results of calculations they are supposed to be making
As Shane was saying earlier, this View has no content in the Loop Editor's wpv-loop tags. Check here: hidden link

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
[wpv-found-count]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>

******************** There is nothing here *****************************

</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Are there any contents in this loop on the live site? If so, can you copy those contents into the dev site? My login doesn't seem to work there so I cannot check myself.

Hi Christian,

I went back and installed the version of the site that was created when those views were created locally on my computer. The views look exactly the same as they do now. Maybe there is no need for the views now. What I am trying to show is the sum of fields. Back when the site was first created, I worked with several Toolset technicians to create custom code that would do this with views. The custom plug-in CUCCR Member Stats / Add-on for WP Types was created to do this. Maybe that has broken? Or there is a better way to calculate the sum of fields.

I can resend you the login details if you give me private access.

Thanks.

Private reply fields are available here.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.42.17 AM.png

Check here now: hidden link
You can see one Student shows up in the Fine Arts Members section, because I translated this Member post with Polylang: hidden link

Now an English version is available. So the problem seems to be that you have Polylang active, but you have not yet translated the existing Members into English. The Views that should show Member counts are not finding any Members. I'm not a Polylang expert so I can't give you much advice on how to use their software, but it appears that if you have Polylang active you must also translate the translatable posts for them to appear in a View shown in a specific language.

Also, I allocated a bit more memory to this site by modifying the wp-config.php file. I added these lines, because your /error_log file indicates Fatal Memory errors were regularly occurring:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I've deactivated Polylang and I'll submit another ticket for how to translate parts of a website, specifically custom fields.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.