Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views and WPML

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by jasonH-4 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I just bought WPML and I've read through a bunch of forum threads both on here and the wpml site, but I'm not quite understanding how to translate a view into another language. I have wpml installed and it's working on individual custom post types nicely, but don't quite get how to use it with a view.

The view is a page that filters a custom post type and the view itself uses parameters such as wpv-post-link, wpv-post-url, wpv-post-featured-image and such. Is it possible to have the view change so it shows the French or Spanish version of the view (with links to the French of Spanish versions of the posts?).

I'm confused about how to get this working. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

A couple of things I thought worth mentioning. Under "Translation management" the "Multlingual Content Setup" at the very bottom of the page, the "Convert URLs to point to translated content in Views and Content Templates" is checked.

Also, under Custom posts, there is a Views row but the selectionis greyed out. "Do Nothing" is highlighted and it is impossible to check "Translate". Wondering if this is the problem. I can select translate for other rows - the custom post types I created using Types.

Finally, under Custom fields translation, there's a bunch of settings for wpv content. Not sure if these should be set on translate or not.

Just thought I'd mention all that. Thanks so much.

I figured out what I was missing. Got it working. Thanks so much.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.