Skip Navigation

[Closed] Using quick edit erases checkbox values

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 10 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I've created a custom post type, with several custom fields groups. When I change the status of the post, using the Quick edit menu, all the checkbox values are erased. This problem does not occur when saving the post in the normal edit mode.

What could be the problem?

Dear Kevin,

I will enable the private information section on this ticket, so please provide credentials of the site. I will need that to debug this issue for you.

Could you guide me step by step to reproduce this one on your site?

Hello Adriano,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. The website can be found at hidden link. Do you also need a login?

The thing is: I'm still developing the website and together with the cliënt I'm filling the site with content, so maybe it's tricky to be working on it at the same time.

I've created a custom post type calles 'Planten'. And I've added several custom fields to this post type. Some of these fields contain checkboxes, to apply multiple values at once.

The cliënt was filling in this custom post type, and published it. After filling a big number of posts, he decided to put some posts in concept via Quick edit, because this is the fastest way. After doing that, the values of the checkboxes disappeared. I've tried searching for answers on the web, and there I found something like this:

if(!defined('DOING_AJAX'))
{
// not using quick editor, continue to update meta fields
}

But I'm not quite sure if this is the solution, or where to place it.

I hope you can help me out!

Greetings,
-Kevin

Dear Kevin,

I can reproduce this issue on my localhost. I've passed this one to our development team to be fixed, as you ticket is there you will be notified when we have a fix. Thanks for reporting that, I will close it as there is no workaround for now.

BTW: I've just removed the login in this ticket.

Thank you for picking up this issue. I hope there will be a solution soon. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Dear Kevin,

Right, there is no workaround until now. So I will close it and will keep you posted about news on this.

The topic ‘[Closed] Using quick edit erases checkbox values’ is closed to new replies.