Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Layout+Divi – Background color fixed to #fff – Unable to change it

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julienB-4 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hello !

I'm using Layout with Divi.
I would like to set the background color everywhere with the same color but behind any type of content from Layout, it is always white (#fff) and I'm unable to change that.

I've tried different settings including adding custom css in Divi or in Toolset like
.container
.container.content-wrapper
.layouts-content
.main-content
no result until now.

I've followed the instruction in your tutorial about Divi integration with the successive layer for the IDs ("et-main-area" then "main-content" and so on)

I've seen that, if I only use once "et-main-area" and everwhere else nothing, the background become transparent but those settings broke the "secondary menu Bar" so it's not really a solution.

Any idea on how I could set up my css to solve this situation ?

Thank you in advance.

Julien

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Julien,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

1. Can you please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it? I have enabled debug info box for your next reply:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Can you please provide step by step details that how you have created layout and set the background color? (preferably with back-end screenshots)

3. What you expected to see on the front page?
4. What you actually see right now (preferably with front-end screenshot and link)

Thank you

Capture d’écran 2017-03-30 à 17.26.58.png
Capture d’écran 2017-03-30 à 17.26.39.png
Capture d’écran 2017-03-30 à 17.28.15.png
Capture d’écran 2017-03-30 à 17.27.27.png

Hi Noman,

Thank you for your help.

So first the debug doesn't work, but I have the latest version of wordpress/Toolset/Divi

As a step by step for "single post -Anecdote-" I have :
1. Created a "Row same as container" with attributes : <div> / et-main-area / layouts-content
2. I had a grid of cells with attributes : <div> / main-content
3. I put Visual editor with no other attributes than the <div>

Same way with an Archive :

I provide you 4 screenshots : to from the back side for both layouts and two from the front side.

Appart from the white color for the header and for the footer, I have set the background color to pink to illustrate the problem.
I would like to get the same background color inside the grid cell for the single post and inside the archive cell who are actually still white.

As explained in my first post, I've tried different solution including settings a custom css rule starting with different statement (.container / .main-content / ...) with none effect on my problem !

Do not hesitate to ask for other details !

Thank you in advance

Julien

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Julien,

Thank you for providing details.

1. Can you please now try to send Debug Information? I have again enabled debug info box for your next reply:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. To debug this issue I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Link to the [Layout] Edit Screen, [Page] Edit Screen where you have applied the Layout.

✙ Please add links where you have added Custom CSS

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

Hi Noman,

Sorry for the long delay with my answer ! I was digging the subject and I've found a solution.

Thank you !

NB : My debug is still empty, don't know why !

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.