Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Divi video slider module with related CPT

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to use the Divi video slider module to display videos from posts related to the current post in a many-to-many (M2M) relationship.

Solution: Unfortunately the Divi video slider module does not allow you to insert shortcodes for dynamic or integrate with Views. This is a limitation of the Divi video slider module.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have two CPTs related on a many-to-many relationship. One is Public Speaker and the other is Speaker Videos.

I am building a content template for Public Speaker and want to use the Divi Video Slider module to display the related videos automatically for each Public Speaker.

What is the best way to do this?

Is there any documentation that you are following? hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Hi, I don't see any information in the Divi documentation about dynamic content - it seems to require that you select the content manually when inserting the Video Slider module. If it's possible to specify the post IDs you want to use by inserting a shortcode somewhere, I can show you how to produce a list of related post IDs with a shortcode. Unfortunately I don't see any way to integrate that into the Video Slider module, based on this document. It looks like manual content selection is required. I would ask the Divi support team if they offer a shortcode that you can use to insert a Video Slider, and if that shortcode allows you to select content based on post IDs in a shortcode attribute. If so, get an example and I can take a look and see what we can do.

Thanks Christian. I've asked and the answer is no, there's no way to create a shortcode or to populate the Video Slider module with dynamic content even from the same post. The same happens to be true for most of the Divi modules (they don't support CPTs according to their support) which means that the Toolset shortcodes cannot be used with them. As a result, the level of integration between Divi and Toolset falls well short of what I require.

Is a Slider-style View not an option? I'm not very familiar with Divi's Video Slider module and its features, but perhaps something similar could be accomplished with a Slider built in Views. We have documentation available for creating sliders here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

We also have documentation about creating related post filters:
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/

If there's anything I can do to assist, please let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.