Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use Elementor template to display custom posts created with Toolset

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has created an Elementor template for a custom post type, but it still does not work.

Solution:
It appears that the post was also assigned a content template. In order to display a post using an Elementor template, no content template should be assigned to that post.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesW-26 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Use Elementor template to display custom posts created with Toolset

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/

I have created custom post type called "Support Articles" using Toolset and I have NOT created a content template for it.

In Elementor, I have created a template for Single > Support Articles. When editing the template it displays dynamic content from the custom posts but when you view the posts on the front end they are blank, as per this link: hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

From what I can see on the example page, the post is still assigned a Toolset content template called "Template for Support Articles". I can see a class automatically added to the body that may explain that, check this screenshot hidden link

Make sure that the post is not assigned a content template, then purge any cache if available and check again.

If the issue persists, allow me temporary access to your admin area to check this closely. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Thanks Jamal, yes I forgot about the "Content Template" setting on each individual posts Edit page. Will remember that for the future.

Cheers,
James

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.