Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use data from another plugin's custom post type for Toolset maps?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I am trying to:

I purchased this plugin that is unable to utilize pre-existing data in my custom post types... hidden link This plugin requires me to go back and fill in redundant location data for each post.
However, I did not know that Toolset had google maps functionality. My question is... can toolset put map markers on a map that are clickable? The maps would be generated from a custom post type that comes from a plugin called Dokan which is a multi-vendor store plugin.
Each vendor has a profile page which includes his address and zipcode, as well as other info. This data comes from the custom post type. I believe that this video would help me to get this going... https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

If Toolset can in fact allow me to do the above, my second request would be to have a list below the map that I could search/filter based on the address?

Lastly, if its not asking too much, I'd like to be able to have the map and list hidden from view until the website visitor enters an address. What I'm shooting for is what AirBnB has. See screenshots and links please...

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link (It would be cool if I could click the map icon and display the vendor's profile pic along with a clickable link to his/her profile.)

hidden link

I visited this URL: n/a

I expected to see: n/a

Instead, I got: n/a

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

Can toolset put map markers on a map that are clickable?
==> Yes, when you add Map Marker you will find an option to add Marker Data that’s where you will add content to show onclick of map markers. This is also shown in the above video.

==> Please note Toolset Maps plugin mostly depends on our built-in Address field which you can add to any Post Type, so I think what you require should be possible. But populating address field from another plugin won’t work with Toolset as our maps plugin generates map, markers and related functions based on our Address field.

For the other 2 problems, please kindly open separate tickets for those and we will help you to resolve this issue as well. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, I am not allowed to handle multiple issues in the same ticket.

Have a great day, Thank you for your co-operation

I don't understand...
Why can't toolset simply use a field that already exists within my custom post type? The field is a simple text field that contains a street address. The other is a text field with a zipcode. i thought that toolset was very versatile. If I can't use toolset could you point me at any other plugin(s) that could accomplish this task?

Noman
Supporter

zip code and address.png

Hello Alex,

1. In Toolset built-in features, you can use the single Address field for Zip code and street address, please see attached screenshot.

For separation of address fields we have another client who had the similar issue and was also able to solve it, this may help in your case:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/multi-field-adress-map-for-google-map/

2. For more advanced google maps I recommend this 3rd party plugin:
hidden link

Thank you

The issue was not resolved but thanx for your input. You can close this ticket.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your co-operation. This ticket will be automatically closed.

Have a great day,
Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.