Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upgrade from Layout 1.7 to 1.8.2 breaks row margin alignment

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.10 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by richardM-4 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
alignment.jpg

I am trying to: Upgrade from Layouts 1.7 to 1.8.2

I visited this URL: sandhbooks.com

I expected to see: A clean alignment of outer margins

Instead, I got: Margins that indent and nest. (All pages)

(Please note: I rolled back to 1.7 so the attached photo shows the problem)

Hi Richard,

I don't work with Toolset but had same problem with one site. Apparently there has been an error so the .row class has been replaced by the .row-fluid class.

I know they should already fixed this problem. Try to update to the very latest version of Layouts.

Regards
Roberto

That class change would f-up my custom css. I'll go through the css and see if that does the trick.

The Only Row we use row-fluid is on "Cells extend to the full width" row type.

This has as far i know always been like this.

@richardm-4 I susepect another issue with your Layout there.
There was a problem with margins (left and right) that where always present no matter if you chose full width or not)

This should be solved and if you still have the Custom CSS in your CSS that we suggested back then, this could conflict.

Can you make a quick test and copy / paste the CSS to a safe location and then remove it from your System to see if that fixes the issue?

if now, can you let me know how exactly your rows and Cells are set up so I can reproduce this?

Switching or duplicating .row to .row-fluid did the trick. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.