Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Update to Genesis 2.4.0 breaks Layouts

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Angele 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

There is an update for Genesis -> version 2.4.
And this breaks the layouts. Installed are Types, Views, Layouts and Genesis-Layouts. I moved back to the prior Genesis version.

Is this issue known and do you work on this?
Thanks

I fixed it on my site with some CSS-changes. But generally Layouts will probably have some troubles with Genesis 2.4.

Since it changed the structure.

Before update:

<div class="site-container">
<div class="container ">

after update

<div class="site-container">
<div class="site-inner">
<div class="content-sidebar-wrap">
<main class="content">
<div class="container ">

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Angele

Thanks for reporting this and for identifying the issue yourself.

With the changes to their markup introduced by Genesis with version 2.4 we will need to make some updates to our Genesis integration plugin to handle that.

I've re-opened this ticket so that I can escalate it which means I will be able to let you know you as and when there is an update available.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Angele

Just a quick update that the changes needed on our end to adapt to the Genesis 2.4 update will be included in an update which should be published soon, and I will advise you when it is published.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Angele

The fix has been published with the release of version 1.7 of the Genesis integration plugin together with 1.8.6 of Layouts.

Keep an eye out for an update notifications on your plugins page.

If that doesn't appear or you don't want to wait you can download the zipped plugin files from your downloads page (wp-types.com/my-account/downloads). You can use the Upload button on the Add New Plugins page to add the zipped versions to your site, but that requires deleting the old plugins first.

If you have FTP access you can upload the unzipped files to your plugins folder and overwrite the old plugin version.

Please re-test the issue and let me know if you have any continuing problems.

Dear Nigel,

thank you for the continued support, very appreciated!

Unfortunately I can't use the newer version of genesis integration plugin. So I can't confirm.

There were issues with .row and .row-fluid,
https://toolset.com/2016/08/toolset-2-2-adds-beaver-builder-integration-relevanssi-integration-new-layouts-cells-permission-based-access-control/?replytocom=303647#respond

in this blog post, I reported the problems and Riccarodo sent me a patched version of layouts-genesis.zip - tested on Layouts 1.8.3, this was on 2. September. And this version is the only one, that does not break my design :(. The changes made in this patch had not been integrated into the recent version.

But I will email Riccardo, what happend there. Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for the update, Angele, if you are dealing directly with Riccardo he can hopefully straighten this out for you.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Angele

Following feedback from other users that the last update didn't fix all the layout problems our compatibility team have further tweaked the CSS that ships with the genesis integration plugin.

If you are still experiencing problems and want to try the latest update then you can download the CSS file here: hidden link

You will need to overwrite the existing file at /wp-content/plugins/layouts-genesis/public/css/theme-integration.css

Make sure you have a backup available beforehand in case you need to revert.

Hi Nigel,

thank you :). This CSS does not fix the issues for me. I had got a patch weeks ago from Riccardo and this CSS file works fine. It is not a big deal for me, to replace it in future every time, layouts-genesis gets an update, since it is my own website.

There is one other file with issues and Riccardo works on it, but I think, that is not the problem of the Genesis update. So, I close this thread.

The support of onTheGoSystems is great and yours especially.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.