Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to remove unwanted padding at top a section

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by BrendanM4226 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 09.38.21.png

Hello,

I have created a member content template in Toolset so that certain data pulls through to a directory. The content template can be edited with Divi and works great apart from;

1. the large amount of white space above the top section and

2. the logo and hamburger menu are force right to the top of the screen.

You will by the attached screenshot that the css states there is padding of 132px at the top of the section but when I go into the template there is no padding in the section, row or module.

Can you help please?

Thanks, Brendan

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Brendan

I can't see from the front-end alone how the markup is being generated to comment on where the padding is being added and how to remove it.

I would point you towards this page, though, which describes common styling issues that arise with Divi: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/matching-divi-styling-using-toolset/

Note that Divi is not compatible with Bootstrap, and so you should disable Bootstrap in Toolset > Settings.

That is not a requirement, but if you want to include Bootstrap you'll need to work out fixes for the styling inconsistencies that arise, our supported workflow for Divi is based upon not using Bootstrap.

Visiting your link I don't see the whitespace from the padding, did you fix it yourself already?

Hello Nigel,

Yes, I read the article about Divi integration, so I was trying different things to remove the white space. I then contacted Elegant Themes support and they gave me some specific css to correct the white space issues.

I am still have problems with the logo and hamburger menu but ET are working on this as well.

Hopefully you guys at Toolset and ET can sort these bugs out because together you can build some great websites.

Thank you.
Brendan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.