Skip Navigation

[Resolved] unable to access website front-end and wordpress admin, fatal error!

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: I activated the toolset layout and views plugins

I visited this URL: n/A

I expected to see: nothing frontend or backend

Instead, I got: website wont load and Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/content/78/11637478/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/cell_types/wpddl.cell_comments.class.php on line 195

website.PNG

Please can someone assist

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Debbie

If you are locked out of your site by this error then you should be able to get back in to it by renaming the layouts plugin folder using FTP which will effectively disable it.

Using your FTP client you will find layouts at wp-content/plugins/layouts and you can temporarily change the name to anything else.

The problem appears to be that your server has insufficient memory available to PHP, and you should try doubling it (and keep doubling it) until you find you have sufficient. You can read more about this on the WordPress codex here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

And see https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/ for the minimum requirements to run Toolset.

Once you have upgraded the memory allocation you can rename your Layouts folder back to 'layouts' and try again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.