Skip Navigation

[Closed] Types Image upload process

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Jakob 10 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I notice that in this thread (March/April 2013!):
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/image-upload-uses-pre-3-5-uploader/

It was mentioned that "the new version of Types" will support the newer WP image handling.

When can we expect this?

I'm currently using image upload fields on a few sites to include in custom post types/Views, and it is a terribly complicated process for users:

For cf image field upload, user clicks on browse image button.
Pre WP 3.5 interface pops up.
On Upload Image screen, user browses for image and uploads it.
When upload is complete, user can NOT choose "use as field value" for uploaded image.
They also cannot edit title, alt, caption, description because the "Save all changes" button is hidden with CSS. (see note)*

User then has to:
1) Dismiss upload screen
2) click on upload image button AGAIN
3) click on Gallery(1) tab
4) finally click on "use as field value"

* Note: I work around this by using browser inspector to display and click "Save all changes" button, but my clients/users cannot be expected do this, so in order to enter/modify image metadata after uploading to a CPT, they need to go to back the media library, and edit the image title, etc there.

To resolve this issue, Types needs to include BOTH the "Save all changes" button AND the "Use as field value" buttons on the media upload screen.

Is there anything I can hack to make this happen while waiting for this functionality to be included in Types?

Thanks

Dear Thorworx,

Let me forward your request to the appropriate person and I will get back to you with feedback.

Regards,
Caridad

Thanks for your reply.

In troubleshooting this, I've found that the "Use as Field value" button DOES show up in Chrome (but with no ability to edit the metadata).

In Firefox (Mac) the issue remains as described above... although I had another user test it and it works.
Currently seems to be specific to my Firefox... but I've emptied all caches/cookies/session cookies.. so I'll continue trying to track down my issue.

Dear Thorworx,

I can see the "Use as field value" correctly on Firefox with mac, could it be a browser extension you have installed?

Regards,
Caridad

img-upload.jpg

Caridad,

I don't use a lot of extensions, but I will look into it.

FWIW, This is what I'm getting in my Firefox after uploading an image:

Dear Thorworx,

Are you working on hidden link by any chance?

Regards,
Caridad

Caridad,

No, I'm not working locally... Multiple different live sites.
I do believe the upload interface issue must be specific to my Browser. I just haven't had much time to troubleshoot. =/

... But I also think that the ability to edit title, alt, description and "Save all changes" SHOULD be an option for image uploads in Types - before clicking on "Use as field value". (Feature request?)

Dear Thorworx,

Ok, let me forward the request to the appropriate person and I will get back to you with any feedback.

Regards,
Caridad

"… But I also think that the ability to edit title, alt, description and "Save all changes" SHOULD be an option for image uploads in Types – before clicking on "Use as field value". (Feature request?)"

I second this.

I'm just in the middle of adding a repeating image field on WooCommerce products and in this case it would be very good if my client would be able to edit a caption on the image before clicking on "Use as field value".

I third this.

The UI for adding an image is terrible at the moment (and buggy since there is a search button hidden under the media list). It should be the WordPress standard UI as used for adding a featured image.

Current UI:
hidden link

Desired UI:
hidden link

Can I ask if this is being worked on please Caridad?

Can I reask if it is being worked on?

The topic ‘[Closed] Types Image upload process’ is closed to new replies.