Skip Navigation

[Resolved] types causing 500 error in admin-ajax.php, cannot access media library

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by davidC-40 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
Access media library, it started after getting ssl on that domain. Everything was fine until I tried accessing media library and could not, disabling plugins made it work, then after enabling one by one found that types was causing it. Looking at the console revealed that error

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Pedro

The JS message is telling you that there is a 500 error on the server, but to see what the actual PHP error is you need to examine your site's logs.

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

That will create a debug.log file in your wp-content directory which you can examine in any text editor. Try visiting the same page where you observe the problem and then inspect the log. There you should see a fatal PHP error.

Please paste that here for me to see, thanks.

I have decided to just make the custom post types and fields myself on this project so no more issues and also no more types plugin installed. I have been using types and your payed toolset for quite some time now on WordPress projects, mostly because it saves me time and it just works, but I really don't have the time to be chasing bugs, not on this project anyway, thanks, and sorry if any other user is facing the same problem

I have this same problem. It's also mentioned here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/types-causing-500-error-in-admin-ajax-php/

Specifically, this is the problem:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/03/6999803/html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/admin.php on line 395

If I remove the "else" part of the conditional statement on line 395, then my site will function again. So, of course that is only a temporary solution. What should I do?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi David

This thread has been closed for some time and I can't request access to your site here for testing. Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you please open a new ticket.

Okay, thanks. I just opened a new ticket.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.