Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset View and Greensock 3.0 Cause Console Log error.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to use the Greensock JS library with Toolset but I keep seeing JavaScript errors when I enqueue the library.

Solution: Add the native WP media element JavaScript as a dependency when enqueueing GSAP JS:

wp_register_script('jrscript',plugins_url('js/gsap.min.js', __FILE__), array('wp-mediaelement'), '', true);
This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benjaminJ-3 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Use the Greensock 3 library with toolset view without causing console log errors.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: No console log errors.

Instead, I got: Console log errors.

When both toolset views and greensock 3 (gsap.min.js) are enqueued we get mediaelement console log errors. When on or the other js file is not loaded then there are no errors. There is a conflict between gsap.min.js and toolset views. I'd love to know why this is happening so I can use both together.

Hi, let me escalate this to my 2nd tier support team. I was able to reproduce the same error message you experienced after enqueueing the library from their CDN link. Hopefully our team can find a way to make the systems compatible. I'll let you know what I find out.

My 2nd tier support team suggests changing the dependencies of this script from jQuery to the wp-mediaelement script like so:

wp_register_script('jrscript',plugins_url('js/gsap.min.js', __FILE__), array('wp-mediaelement'), '', true);

Please enqueue the gsap script with a dependency of wp-mediaelement and let me know if the problem is not completely resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.