Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Twenty Seventeen Integration breaks Layout and Mobile Menu

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The mobile menu appears to be broken when I activate Twenty Seventeen Integration and Layouts. The button does not trigger the menu to open.

Solution: Make sure that you have placed your Twenty Seventeen menu in the top Twenty Seventeen Header Row, just underneath the Twenty Seventeen header image in the same Grid of Cells.

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JohanS Schoon 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
correct_home.PNG
fail_home.PNG

I am trying to using the Toolset Twenty Seventeen Integration to my Twenty Seventeen Theme site, with Layouts and Views

Link to a page where the issue can be seen is hidden link

For debugging: I deleted the complete child theme and twentyseventeen theme and reinstallalled it. On the current version, I restored a backup.

I expected to see the same as before activating the integration (on the homepage: a vertical arrow at the right and a expanding mobile menu)

Instead, I got a break with a horizontal arrow and the mobile menu will not expand.

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 4.06.49 PM.png

Hi, please remove the row containing the top menu cell, then add another row inside the grid of cells in the top Layout row, underneath the Twenty Seventeen Header image cell. Place a Twenty Seventeen Menu cell inside this row. It appears that placing the menu outside the main top row is the main cause of the problem here. See the attached screenshot that shows the updated Layout structure.

Hi Christian,

Thank you very much, this worked for me!

Now I know I have to make a deadline for myself to solve an issue like this before I use the support forum ????

Best regards,

Johan.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.