Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Sliders not behaving as they were earlier

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:

Use toolset to display three sliders at the bottom of the home page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Prior to a recent Divi updated, each of the three sliders at the bottom of the page had four posts sliding. Each has a featured image, description and a more button.

Instead, I got:

Now, just the first one appears, (except for Successes, where the third one also appears) and the others are empty.

I'm doing some testing here: hidden link. If I disable Divi and set the theme to TwentyNineteen, it works as expected. I rolled back Divi from 3.19.14 to 3.19.7, but that did not help. I've left this version set up with only toolset enabled so you can see what is happening (and that it isn't another plugin). This is where you can play all you like.

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello @barbarab-2, welcome to the Toolset support Forum!

Could you reproduce the issue on a clen install? This way we can run some tests. I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the Divi theme to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the theme and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

All the best,
Diego

Apologies - for some reason, I didn't get an email notification of this. The install expired - can you reset? Thanks!

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Sure, I generated a new one: hidden link

Please let me know if it worked.

Kind regards,
Diego

Sorry - I missed the window again - one more time? It is still happening even with all the latest updates to everything.

For some reason, I'm not getting email notifications of these emails - is there a way to make sure I get them?

Thank you!!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barbara,

I will be handling this ticket.

Checking on the credentials I noticed they no longer work.

Could you provide working credentials so that I can check on the views for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barbara,

I've tried the credentials you've sent but they don't seem to be working.

Could you check them and let me know ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sure - I just changed them:

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barbara,

Thanks I was able to log in now.

Could you try updating the plugins to the latest versions?

I see you are using older versions of views and Types, please try this and let me know

Thanks,
Shane

Done - no change.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barbara,

I tried looking at the site again.

Is there something that is removing the credentials ?

Please do not change the password or remove the user account until the ticket is resolved .

Thanks,
Shane

I have not changed the credentials - - use the ones I sent on 4/25 at 5:12. They have not changed since then. I didn't see a way to enter them other than responding to the ticket, but I see that they are no longer in the ticket.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barbara,

So it seems the issue being caused by the theme.

I'm still running checks on this for you, I created a copy of the site so that it won't affect your current site.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barbara,

The issue is definitely being caused by the theme.

Could you update to the latest version of the divi theme since they are now up to version 3.22.6

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.