Skip Navigation

[Resolved] What are the different syntax for Toolset ShortCodes?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Usually in WordPress the ShortCodes are wrapped in

[shortcode_here]

brakets.
I see that most of the Toolset ShortCodes as well are wrapped in them, but few use

{!{shortcode_here}!}

Why?

Solution:
The first syntax is the correct one and generated practically everywhere when you use our GUI.

The second syntax is made for compatibility with Page Builders and/or the ShortCodes you insert through the WordPress Admin bar.
The only reason we use that specific syntax in specific places is so to avoid those Page Builders to execute our ShortCodes too early.

Both syntaxes work exactly the same way.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mingg 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am currently testing the latest beta version of the toolset type and view because I had a requirement to work with repeating field.

When I use the toolset shortcode generator to insert a shortcode to insert into a field in Divi module, it cannot parse properly.

This happens to the code generated for custom post field. I notice that it uses square bracket format instead of the curly braces. The shortcodes generated for other WP standard post fields such as body are working fine (in curly braces format).

Example:
. This is what is generated currently (not working) : [types field="portfolio-image" output="raw" separator=", "][/types]
. The released version generated (working fine) : {!{types field='profile-image' output='raw'}!}{!{/types}!}

Can you investigate if this is due to shortcode generator problem?

Thanks.

I understand the issue, but it is not suggested to use the Beta versions with page builders yet.

It's not yet fully finalised and these details will get added step by step in upcoming releases.

There is right now no workaround for the current issue.

I will query with the developers when we plan to add full support for this to the Beta as well and update you here afterwards.

Thank you, I understand that the beta versions are not meant for extensive use.

The intention here is to report back any potential compatibility issue that may arise in future. Of course, any workaround to get the job done will be welcome too.

One thing that I noticed which was once working before (inserting proper curly braces shortcode into Divi module) had been removed in the beta version. I hope this is not going to be permanent and will be restored soon.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.