Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset not asking for registration

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Fatima Barbosa 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 8.55.35 PM.png

Hello,
I am working locally on Mamp.
I just installed a bunch of Toolset plugins but I was never asked for my site key.
I found it a bit strange since it always asked before, even when working locally.
Is this a new thing?
Also got a message that I never got before inviting me to install other Toolset plugins
"To use Toolset in the most convenient way, we suggest always installing Types, Views and Layouts plugins. For advanced functionality, check out the rest of Toolset plugins."

When I already have them all installed, but Layouts...

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Fatima

First, that dialog always appears if you are not using Layouts. We are reviewing the admin messages we add and in the next round of stable plugin releases will be removing messages that aren't specifically required for some reason, so expect that one to go.

Now, regarding the site key. This is a new site, you installed Toolset plugins, and, what, it says the site is already registered?

What does your plugins page look like?

You would normally expect to see a small register link against the Toolset plugins which takes you to the commercial tab where you can register the site. It says the site is registered already?

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 6.47.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 6.39.36 AM.png

Hello Nigel!

Yes, this is a new site.
No, the plugins are registered, but WordPress does not ask me to do so. Instead, it gives a link to buy Toolset.
Which I already did, about a year ago I got the Lifetime package.
https://toolset.com/buy/?utm_source=typesplugin&utm_campaign=moving-types-to-toolset&utm_medium=admin-message&utm_term=pricing?utm_source=typesplugin&utm_campaign=moving-types-to-toolset&utm_medium=admin-message&utm_term=pricing

Yes, I would normally expect to see a small register link against the Toolset plugins but nothing os showing where this link was supposed to be.

Thanks for you help

Nigel
Supporter

Are you able to visit the commercial tab where you normally register Toolset from?

i.e. site.com./wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=commercial

No, unfortunately, no!
I can create a site key on my toolset account, I just can't input it to my WordPress site...

Crazy

Nigel
Supporter

Could I get site credentials from you? I may need to take a copy of your site.

We have a few reports of issues with installing and registering sites at the moment, but the details of this sound different.

Hello Nigel...
It is a local site
Probably a bug in WordPress. I made a fresh installations and Toolset works just fine.
Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.