Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset bootstap altering theme default setings

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

We have Integrity WP Professional Theme already installed and approved by management, so we want to retain all the Integrity elements here. When I select "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0" the theme css settings are altered (Toolset BS over-rides all the theme custom css). When I opt "The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 2.0" or "The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 3.0" the toolset views and new pages are without bootstrap! No bootstrap is loading in these views/pages. But this displays the old theme created pages properly.

Any work around, so i can retain both the views & pages and displyed using bootstrap?

Regards
AJ

Hi, if I understand you correctly it sounds like your theme is incompatible with Bootstrap. Unfortunately this falls outside the scope of support we are able to provide here in the forum, since neither your theme nor Bootstrap are Toolset products. Bootstrap is an open-source library we offer to include because it seems to be fairly common. When Toolset loads Bootstrap, it loads as-is without any modifications. I recommend contacting the authors of your theme to ask if they have a Bootstrap-compatible version you can use. It's a fairly popular framework, so it's possible they have a version you could work with.

Otherwise you have a few options. You can tell Toolset not to load Bootstrap and write your own code that patches the missing Bootstrap styles. Or, you can load Bootstrap and write your own code that fixes compatibility issues. If you need professional help with this code, you can contact one of our certified partner contractors. Here is the list of our contractors:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Here's a link to the WP-Professional theme author's support policy, so I hope you can get the support you need here:
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.