Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access adds in Layouts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Access ShortCodes renders a

tag when inserted to a Page to control who can see what on it.

Solution:
To not produce a

you would use:

[toolset_access role="Administrator" operator="allow" raw="true"]Test Allowed[/toolset_access]

It uses the ShortCode attribute raw="true", which outputs no HTML at all.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tinaH 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Updated to Layouts b4.
Problem remains

The issue is solved on my end.
As mentioned, you need both the new Layouts and Views beta.

I cannot download anymore your package you submitted previously.
Can you re-upload it and share it with me again?

Then I can see why it's not working on your end.

Thank you, and I apologise the lengthy thread here.

I deployed it and saw the issue.

I could not solve it with the latest betas, which indicates there are issues is with the Layout itself.

And so I deleted all Cells and Rows unless "the content" one but the issue is not solved.

So I found that the issue is when you have MORE than ONE View in the Post Body and call that Post Body with the Content Cell or any other method.

You can test this easily even with freshly created Views.

So the issue changed its steps.
I will take this back to the Developers.

The initial report here is solved.
Access now has a RAW attribute edit method in the GUI.

As such we will close this ticket here.
The issue with the <p> tags in Layouts with Views is being analysed and will be addressed in a future release.

I suppose you know that the <p> problem remains with Layouts 1.9 stable version.
Bu to make sure I post it again.

Thank you.

As mentioned, "The issue with the <p> tags in Layouts with Views is being analysed and will be addressed in a future release."

The issue thou that was reported here, is about Access.
And that is now solved.

The Layouts/Views issue is being addressed in a future release.

After discussing this internally, we decided not to proceed with any fix as it may have several side effects, even if there are other plugins like Visual Composer or Fusion Builder that are using similar approaches to tackle this kind of issue.

We agreed that this is mainly a Core (WordPress) problem and there is no need for every developer to craft his own solution. Instead, this should be handled centrally.

We reproduced the issue on a clean installation of WordPress without any plugins or themes installed and I create a bug report on Trac.
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40021

Unfortunately this is not anymore a Toolset Issue, and that means, I cannot provide a solution.

Ok I understand. Than I have my own fix too 🙂
If I understood correctly this only happens if I add views to the page/post content editor instead of adding it to a layout cell?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.