Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Switch between list & grid view

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Robert Turner 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to have a button switch between grid view and list view similar to this page.

hidden link

I do not want to switch pages.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually to have this in the same view is not possible. What I would recommend is to create 2 of the same views and then add a link to each to switch to the other method of displaying the items.

So for your list view it will have a link to the Grid view and vice versa.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Make it possible. I already told you I do not want to switch to another page. Simple free WordPress plugin can do it for Woocommerce. Make it possible. That's what you get paid for.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

We are constantly improving our views plugin, and I could suggest this as a feature request. However I cannot say whether this feature will be approved or not and it is completely dependent on the number of requests for the same feature.

So what I will do is to open a feature request for this.

Thanks,
Shane

How do I make toggle to switch to to one view form the other on the same page? Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

This will take some setting up to do .

What you need to do is to add some div wrapper around both of your different view with some class added to the divs.

Then you need to create a separate button on the pages that will hide the list and show the grid when clicked and hide the grid and show the list when clicked.

An example of the code would be .
hidden link

From this you can see how to setup the divs.

Please let me know if this was able to help.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, I will give that a try.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

No problem. If there are any issues please let me know and i will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.