Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sub-subcategories

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
2018-04-15_1035.png
2018-04-15_1034.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to use and display more levels of subcategories of the listings on the frontpage.

Category
- Subcategory
- - Subcategory
- - - - Subcategory

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Could see any.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See attached files.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

There's not really an easy way to change this View to show all the sub-sub categories like this. The Listing Subcategories View is filtered by term parent, and only the 1st Subcategory level is a child of the Category. The other terms are not children of the 1st level Category, they are grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and so on. The only way to include those here would be to create another View, filtered by term parent, and insert it into the Listing Subcategory View.

Thanks Christian 🙂

How do I make this:
"The only way to include those here would be to create another View, filtered by term parent, and insert it into the Listing Subcategory View." ?

How is the "WordPress kategorier" section created now? Is this a View you created, or several Views, or is it generated by your site's theme?

Hi Christian,

I just tried to do (with my novice knowledge regarding Toolset) what you mentioned. So I added another view.

Thanks 🙂

I just tried to do (with my novice knowledge regarding Toolset) what you mentioned. So I added another view.
You added another View where? I'm still not clear how the "Wordpress kategorien" section is placed on your site. Is it a View? Is it part of the theme? Perhaps if I could log in to your wp-admin area I would be able to understand better.

classifieds1.png
classifieds2.png

Okay I see now, you are using the Classifieds reference site.
1. Remove the View Listing Sub-Subcategories from the View Listing Categories (classifieds1.png)
2. Add the View Listing Sub-Subcategories to the View Listing Subcategories (classifieds2.png)

Let me know the results.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.