Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Style conflicts with Bootstrap and 3rd Party Plugins or Themes.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 12 voices.

Last updated by CharlesB2907 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Beda,
From what I have seen, this document is very brief.
It does not explain how to make styles for table, masonry, ... for viewing archive pages.
The styles to format the woocommerce pages, buttons, etc ... are not explained either.
In addition, with these explanations I do not think that it solved all the problems that I have been discussing along all the tickets that I have sent you.
Too much time has passed without you giving any solution so that now, with this little document, you want to make believe that it solves all the problems.
I'm pretty disappointed. 🙁

I apologise, but masonry is to my knowledge, not something we provide.

To work with Toolset and DIVI you will need to remove Bootstrap, as shown in the DOC.

We do not explain how to rebuild bootstrap. That would be pointless as the conflicts would start again.
To have Toolset and DIVI working, you need to dequeue Bootstrap.

If you really want to use Bootstrap on your site you should contact Divi developers for support.

What is an exact detail missing?

The DOC explains exactly how to use DIVI and Toolset, and re-adds the required styles that cannot be omitted due to the "native" full styled output of ShortCodes which use Bootstrap markup.

For the rest, when using DIVI, you should not use Bootstrap.

Since this here is a "general ticket" for this issue and several users are subscribed, but none mentioned an issue, I assume this is particular issues.

In this case, we may handle them in particular tickets, but if they are due to "how to use Bootstrap" with DIVI, the above DOC is the only answer that is possible to it.

This conflict does not arouse between Toolset and DIVI but between DIVI and Bootstrap.

This conflict does not arouse between Toolset and DIVI but between DIVI and Bootstrap.
This phrase is not completely correct.
If I have problems with Bootstrap it is because you have made it a fundamental piece in Toolset, but if you wanted to make Toolset compatible with other themes and page builders in the market, you could have addressed the problem in other better ways for compatibility purposes y not having used Bootstrap.
If I can not use Bootstrap with DIVI all the formatting capabilities that Toolset has are completely lost, you put multi-column table format for archive pages (lost), you give support for woocommmerce pages (lost), DIVI has its formats for buttons (lost), layouts (lost)... in Woocommerce.
Toolset gives the possibility of using all these formats (multicolumn pages, woocommerce, ...) when building the pages, but since Bootstrap can not be used now, they can not work.
Now I have a huge labor, I have to disconnect Bootstrap from my website, and check again what works and what does not work.
As I said in the previous message, the solution you have given could have been given months ago, since you really have not done anything to solve it.

You do not seem to understand what I explain.

You can take any plugin that uses bootstrap as we do, then add DIVI, and you will see these issues.

We do neither force nor base Toolset on Bootstrap.
It is 100% possible to be used without it, that is why we even allow an option to disable it.

A few things, like Bootstrap Grids in Views Loop (one of the options of the loop output), and of course Layouts, will not work if bootstrap is disabled, and that is expected.

The idea to fully remove Bootstrap, in order to add compatibility with one theme, is exactly what we did now.

And not the whole Toolset breaks, but only 1 thing does not work anymore out of the box:
Bootstrap HTML markup.

And that is only produced by few features in CRED and Views and by Toolset Layouts (entirely).

Toolset is possible to be used without Bootstrap.

On the DOC we show how to add back the minimal styles you need to have, in order to use the CRED and Views "full design" outputs.
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/matching-divi-styling-using-toolset/#add-styling-for-main-form-elements-and-filter-controls

We even explain how to bring back the Button Styles:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/matching-divi-styling-using-toolset/#styling-buttons

I would like to remind that Bootstrap is the most popular responsive Framework in the world.
Toolset does neither modify it, or conflict with it, but DIVI does, and this for clear reasons which can (and should) be addressed in the Theme.

We did what we can on our End, to allow full disabling of Bootstrap and hence eliminating conflicts.

I am aware that the solution which is now official could have been (and has been given) in past:
Disable Bootstrap.

The reason this is official only now is that I cannot make official decisions.
This needed to be confirmed and several people had inputs.

Now it is and has been published.

This is all I can do here.
For complaints related the delay of this solution or the solution itself I suggest to use this form here:
https://toolset.com/need-help-toolset/

As I said now I have to go back to test everything and open tickets that are not known when they will be resolved.
I'm very happy. 🙁

Wow - a lengthy topic!

I did run into these 2 bootstrap issues when disabling bootstrap on Divi sites

- No columns in Archive Views
- Styling of the custom search form

About the columns: Wouldn't it be great for the Divi Users if they just could select how many columns they want the loop editor and then style the content template in Divi ? If its doable with bootstrap why not just make an option like "Divi Grid"

As the styling for custom search forms go to "La-la Land" when disabling bootstrap, why not making a content template for the searches too and use the Divi Builder to style them?

I know it is easier said then done, but I guess many Divi Users would be thankful for that.

Thanks for this feedback @peters-14

I have forwarded the ideas. I am not sure if and when we could add this, but we will discuss the ideas and you will notice through the Changelog when and if it's implemented.

To avoid styling issues with the search you can for example use legacy output (raw, no styling) when inserting the filter.

Hello,

This thread has been marked as "Resolved" but unless I missed something in the posts, the original issue still exists. I only subscribed to Toolset because your marketing led me to believe that it was compatible with Divi. I did not discover the issues with Bootstrap until well after committing to Toolset.

I made the mistake of taking a two week break after feeling completely overwhelmed by just trying to get my first Divi Toolset project completed. Now, after returning to all of my threads being closed and finding this specific thread about Divi and Bootstrap, I feel this might have been impossible to begin with. If Divi is compatible with Toolset but not with Bootstrap, how is Toolset compatible with Divi at all?

Help! Has there been any development on this issue during the past month?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.