Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Static links to specific tab in the tabs layout element.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by diyanK 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Shane,

This piece seems to work as far as it goes for selecting tabs with manually entering ?tab=number in the url bar.

How about adding this ?tab=number to the url itself after clicking on each tab, so that the user could click, and then copy the url with the tab selector from the url bar.

D.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Diyan,

Unfortunately this is not something that I can do as this would need to be a function from core to physically add the parameter to the url.

What I actually did with the Javascript is to trick the page into thinking that we have clicked on the tab so it switches.

Its not actually loading from the url parameter as the tabs work based on a click event.

Thanks,
Shane

I see.. I figured out the trickery but was hoping for a better solution that would make the whole experience straight forward for users.

Nevertheless it is better than nothing!

Perhaps this functionality could be added as a feature request for a future release.

Best case scenario would be to use the tab id for this.

Right now the tabbed interface usability level is quite poor without this feature.

D.

PS. I will close the ticket on my next reply.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Diyan,

I'm happy I was able to provide an acceptable workaround for this issue.

I'll make mention of a feature request for this to our team to see whats possible.

Don't hesitate to open a fresh ticket if their are anymore issues.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane!

I'm looking forward to seeing this feature in a next major release.

D.

Hey Shane, sorry to ask again.. but how can we make this code work for more than 3 tabs?
I have 5 now and I can select only up to the third with this code. I tried experimenting with the code but huh, JS is not my strength.

Thanks!
D.

Hi Shane,

I'll be glad if you could take a look at this again and offer a solution for n number of tabs, or at least hardcode for 5 (in my case).

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.