Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Standard page template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: User sees "Do you want this page to look different" despite selecting a specific template to use for "What to display if no layout is assigned to content"

Solution: Click the "Change how this Layout is used" button in the Layout Editor (Toolset > Layouts, then click the Layout name) to manage the default Layout for certain post types.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-getting-started-guide/#template-layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bart Gybels 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
mla-page.png
mla-default-template.png
mla-configuration.png

I am trying to: I selected a template 'subpage' as "The content using a following 'default' Layout". Through: toolset->configuration->layouts->under "What to display if no layout is assigned to content".

But if i add a page this automatically gives as template 'Default Template' what is a standard something

I visited this URL: hidden link (site is in test so you can't see it)

I expected to see: A page with the 'Subpage' template

Instead, I got: A page with the 'default template' (what isn't a layout in my system)

Hello Thomas, thank you for contacting Toolset support. I see you have a question about using fallback templates for your posts. I will be happy to help you with this today.

If you would like to use the Subpage template as a default, you can set this by going to the Subpage layout editor (Toolset > Layouts, then select the Subpage layout). Click the button "Change how this layout is used," then you can select the post types or individual posts where you would like to apply this Subpage template. For example, if you want all Pages to use the Subpage layout, you would look under "Template for multiple pages" (you may have to click to expand this section) and check "Pages." New posts matching your selections will have the Subpage template selected by default.

Please let me know if this helps.

Ok. That does seem to do the trick. Thx

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.