Skip Navigation

[Resolved] slider don't rotate

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,
I've encountered a problem with slider build-in in WP-Views that makes it freeze on first slide. It was alright before applying iEvent theme. Is there a way to make it work? Here is screenshot hidden link and link to page hidden link.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Roland,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Does the slider work when you are using a default wordpress theme ?

I would like to see if this is a theme conflict or a configuration with the server.

Could you let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

I've tried switching theme and deactivating all installed plugins one by one, yet none of this helped. Still freeze on first slide. If you can - please open private box and I'll share login data, so you can check it by yourself. Thanks in advance.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roland,

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the credentials.

I took a look at the issue.

Some servers have the GET length limit set to “1024”, or some other value.

This may affect your pagination in case you choose the Pagination updates only the view (use AJAX) option.

This happens because the AJAX request may be greater than the value defined by the server.

Adjusting this setting to a higher/different value should solve the issue.

Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

I need help with finding this setting on my dedicated server with full-access. Is it in PHP config, Apache setting or somewhere else? If you could please point exact location of this option.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the patience.

You actually need to do this in the httpd.conf file on your server.

The value you need to increase is the LimitRequesLine, so you need to open the file and search for that line. If it does not exists then you need to add it.

For more information on this please take a look at the documentation link below.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

One last question. What value should I set this field to make slider work smoothly? And thank you for all your help.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roland,

You can try setting it to double the value at 2048 to ensure that you have enough head room.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

I increas this value.
I migrate website to new server. Dont help.
Can be problem with mod_security?
best

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roland,

I actually have some good news for you that will resolve this issue 🙂

Our developers have redesigned how the paginations work for views so in our upcoming release this should fix your pagination issue.

However I cannot say when exactly it will be released but you can look forward to it very soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

Thank for update. I will wait. But pls dont close this ticket only update when fix will be online.

Best

Shane
Supporter

Hi Roland,

The post wont close unless there is no response for 30 days.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.