Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Site key for development site

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer wanted to know if he was able to have multiple site keys.

Solution:

With a basic account only the creation of 1 key is allowed. However you should be able to download the plugins and manually install them on your dev site.

With our other Account Types Agency and Lifetime you are able to create an unlimited amount of site keys.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Price 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

During the "Toolset setup for Divi" procedure I'm required to create a site key. At the moment I'm developing the site on a development host. We'll transfer the final product on the production environment later on.
My question is: since I'm using a Basic licence that explicitly limit the use to a single site, am I allowed to generate two keys for prod and dev environments?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pasquale,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

With a basic account only the creation of 1 key is allowed. However you should be able to download the plugins and manually install them on your dev site.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you very much for the prompt answer!

P.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 10.57.03 PM.jpg

I have a sandbox local site, a dev local site, and a hosted dev, test, and prod site -- and just one site key. I would like to use the Wizard that apparently allows me to customize my WordPress site to best take advantage of the child starter theme (as described in screenshot).

I understand that there is only 1 site key available but can the site key be moved from one site to another?

The ability to download the files as referenced in the thread above doesn't let me use the wizard.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.