Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Site content freezes

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ianP9742 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I have been working with Toolset support to resolve how to display custom fields in an accordion layout, on this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/use-repeating-fields-for-accordion-title-and-content/

Now, after working on the issue, the other site pages (using Divi theme and builder) are unresponsive. See for example this page: hidden link

It's not clear to me what the issue could be, but it arose when we started working on the accordion issue.

Your urgent assistance would be highly appreciated!
Please obtain site login details on this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/use-repeating-fields-for-accordion-title-and-content/

The thread you link to is providing Custom Code solutions that we do not support.
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

We can help with tips and tricks but we cannot code custom code like has been done in that ticket.
I apologize that this has not been informed to you earlier.

So, after you applied those codes, the page you link started to be unresponsive?
I assume, there is now a fatal PHP error hidden behind this.

Please enable WP Debug, which when developing code should always be active as the first step.
Please do this if possible on the development site, not on a live site

Then, let me know what the error is.
It should probably display a PHP fatal error pointing to a line in a file of your Theme, or Plugins, where the error is happening.

From there we can proceed.

If this does not help, I have to ask what happens if you enable Twenty Seventeen Theme and/or disable all plugins but Toolset.
If the issue is gone, it means the problem arises from one of the plugins or theme, so pointing us to the direction where to look for the error.

Hi Beda,

Thanks so much for assisting here. Yup - to be honest, while I appreciated the assistance on the previous ticket, I did not like seeing new plugins installed to insert CSS and JS.

I've enabled WP Debug, but strangely, I don't see any errors on the page or in the log. :/ I'll work tonight on deactivating plugins and trying the default theme to see if the issue lies somewhere else, but please let me know if you have any idea what could be going on.

Thanks!
Ian

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Ian,

I am taking over this ticket, as I am also working on the same site for the other issue, I have replied you their to restore the site from the backup.

After that we will try to fix this issue.

Thank you for you understanding.

Hi Noman,
Thanks for your help on this. I had some serious difficulty getting the site back up, but everything seems to be in order now. There are a couple of style issues that I'd like some help with - I'll open a new ticket now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.