Skip Navigation

[Resolved] show post content in newsletter

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
file2.png
file1.png

Greetings.
I want to use a newsletter plugin to sent latest posts to my subscribers.
those posts are custom post types, lets say like events.

each post has some fields:
date of event
weblink of event
person to talk for the event

those field are showing ok in post view, but when i am trying to include them in (any!!!) newsletter plugin, i cant make them to show these fields!

the only area is appearing in email is the description area. all fileds ingnorent and i dont know why

can anybody help me for this?

i am using a gabfire theme and the very popular newsmag from envato

thank you for your support!

(i am also dont know how to find the sortcode of any single field i have created...)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately we are not able to help with this one as it seems the plugin chooses which information from the post to include in the newsletter.

What I suggest is that you contact the support team for the plugin ask them how to include custom fields in the news letter.

Thanks,
Shane

thank you for your answer

i have test 4 major newsletter plugins, the bigest in the market:

mail poet, mymail, newsletter by satollo and sendpress

in NONE of them i have any success.

can you tell me one newsletter plugin that works? i want to test it.

thank you for your support

file3.png

I just saw the same problem in facebook post!

custom fields are NOT showing!

is this my fault? is something i am missing or these two problems are something else?

can i do something to fix it?

thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

The newsletter plugins have specific information that they will pull from a post to add to the content of the newsletter.

If the plugin does not pull the data from the custom fields then it won't work 🙁

We are not able to automatically provide data for other plugins. The plugin itself would need to have some interface to get the information from the custom fields.

The best way to find this out is by contacting the support team for the newsletter. I'm not sure how those plugins work or if they can process information from shortcodes then you should be able to use the Types shortcodes.

Also regarding the facebook. The facebook API chooses which information to take from your website. We have no control over external entities and what data they choose to take from the website.

Thanks,
Shane

thank you again for your answer, really i do.

i have ask for help in the newsletter authors (i have premium license in two of them) and I will tell you about their answers.

about the facebook, please, help me to clarify it myself:

is it IMPOSIBLE for facebook to see the custom fields inside posts from wp-types?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Sure I will see how best I can assist you with this 🙂

So facebook generally just takes information from the body of the page.

This means that its selectively choose which data to take from the page. It will take items from the featured image and the post body.

This is as much as I am aware of with Facebook.

Thanks,
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.