Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcode not working as the value Shortcode attribute in Views

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by olegB-2 8 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
2.png
1.png

Hello! I apologize for the use of an interpreter.
I create View. I want to use as a filter posts Shortcode attribute.
At the same time as the value attribute specifies another shortcode that displays a custom field.
If I use shortcode Types, everything works fine.
But I need to display the values custom field BuddyPress users. For this I use the plugin BP XProfile Shortcode (he successfully outputs fields on the screen.). And it is not working filter. It shows only the closing quote and bracket.
Is there a way to make it work? This opens up a great opportunity to build a social network.
Thank you for your help.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Oleg.

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

The problem here could be that you have not registered 'xprofile' shortcode in our views third party shortcode arguments.

To do this you will need to go to Views -> Settings -> Compatibility and enter 'xprofile' into 3rd party shortcode arguments and then click the + button.

Once you have done this please check if your shortcode starts to render.

Also please not that you will need to use single quotes when passing a shortcode into another shortcode that has an attribute. For eg.

[wpv-view name='my-view' param="[xprofile bp1='user' ]"]

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, it works, thank you! I lost sight of that party shortcodes to register.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.