Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Remove header and footer for listing template page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to remove the site menu and footer on the redirected page(template page) when users click on a listing

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Listing page: hidden link
Template page, if you click on the vintage listing : hidden link
You can see on the redirection page to the vintage listing has a menu which I don’t want there.

What is the link to your site?hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share few screenshot about what menu you want to target and do not want to display and send me admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Toolset have control on the post body (content/the_content()) area. The header/footer and sidebar is part of the theme or any other page builder editor that supports that.

So, if you able to remove the header footer area using Elementor then you should to ahead and create a single post content template using Elementor and add the "Text Module" to single post Elementor template for your post type and you can add the to this "Text Module" you can add the following shortcode to display the content of content template that you build using Toolset:

[wpv-post-body view_template="template-for-movies"]

Also, unassign the content template to display single post Movie post type from right sidebar and save the content template:
- hidden link

Sorry, I didn’t catch anything you have explained from your last replies second paragraph.
If you have access to my WordPress dashboard, could you please assist with this task?
You sent me a shortcode and it only shows 2 words. That’s the only thing I could catch. You have also asked me to create a post but I’m not sure what you mean.
If you could edit the page you are talking about on my WordPress dash it’d be nice.

Minesh
Supporter

You said:

Normally, I could remove the menu and make the page blank with only my content with elementor canvas settings, but I can’t find that settings on this page.

What I'm saying is you can create s single post template using Elementor for your post type "Movie":
- hidden link

Are you able to remove header and footer if you create single post template using Elementor? if yes:
Then can you proceed and create a single for template for your post type "movie" and share the link of your single post template you created and then I will guide you further.

Hi Minesh, the problem has been solved with your recommended single post template on elementor pro. You can confirm with the site pages I sent earlier on. Now when you click on any picture, the redirection page(custom template page) has no headers. Thanks heaps!

markA-13 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-02 19:33:04.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.