Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Product Categories widget links to strange pages

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 9 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

It's in the original threads of the conversation (updated slightly):

I am trying to: Use the Product Categories widget to link to pages containing products that relate to the selected category

I created a Layouts page that displays the Product Categories page as a bulleted item list. I also have the Product Categories widget in the footer.

I expected that when I clicked on one of the resulting links (or selected a link in the Product Categories widget dropdown box) that it would take me to a generated page listing all products in that category.

Instead, I got a strange generated page that I did not create. It appears to be a Module generated page

The above Product Categories problem seems to be that the individual product pages are sitename/product/productname; the Product Categories page is looking for sitename/product-categories/productname.

Ok, show me an example. I've just checked some product pages but I couldn't see that Product Categories Widget. An image would be perfect.

HBCPC2.jpg
HBCPC1.jpg

1. Click on the "Categories" tab
2. Click on any link in the page (in this case, the "ALL" link) (Image HBCPC1.jpg)
3. The following page results. (HBCPC2.jpg)

If you click on the "Characters" navbar link, then on one of the products, it shows /products/(productname)

But if you click on any of the links on the product categories widget generates, it shows /product-category/(subcatgories) and the HBCPC2.jpg page.

My apologies the long delay. I've just tried to duplicate your environment on my localhost. See my findings:

1. I couldn't reproduce the same thing on my localhost. When I click in the category link, its products are displayed fine

2. When you want to render a list of categories, you should create a View for such taxonomy, not for post type. You can see it in the View that I created, "Categories Adriano". This View will list all Product Categories

3. I've changed your active theme to a WordPress default one and it worked fine.

4. Are you using the latest version of the Toolset Bootstrap theme? I've downloaded the latest one and couldn't reproduce this issue, everything goes right.

5. Please download the latest version of it and update your plugin just to have sure.

6. Also, I would recommend you to install the beta version of WooCommerce Views, the 2.4. You can't install it automatically through Toolset installer, you have to download it under downloads page and then install it manually.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.