Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problems with module manager

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: import modules

I opened the furl (though reluctantly - see my other support question). And now I can see the Toolset module download page but when I try to import a module, it says: This page doesn't work. So there is no connenction. When I try to see a live demo, that doesn't work either. I can get to the documentation pages though - there is a connection. Is there an alternative way to send me the modules?
Kind regards,
Josh Haijer

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Josh,

Could you send me a link to the page where the modules are at ? I can see if I can get them to you any other way.

Also which modules would you like

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
there is no page yet, I am just trying to import the modules. I had to open furl already (I hope they haven't closed that by now) and what I would need is the modules for testimonials to start with. Of course I would like to be able to have access to them all. Is there a possibility to send me a link?
LOr do you need to have access to the backend? I would have to make you a user then, makes things more and more complicated.
Regards,
Josh

Shane
Supporter

Hi Josh,

Could you send me a screenshot of the modules that you want ?

I should be able to download them and send to you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, thank you for your answer. One of your collegues already sent me Testimonial Grid with big images. He said there is something wrong with the small ones... I tried to set it up properly, but I think I will have to read the instructions a little bit more. As soon as I know what how whenor where, I will contact you again.
Regards,
Josh Haijer

Shane
Supporter

Hi Josh,

No Worries.

Just mark this ticket as resolved once everything is ok.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I got a mail from your 'clean up robot' asking if everything is solved. Well, it isn't, because my host doesn't like to open cUrl and/or fRUrl and I can understand that. This way the plugin cannot function very well - in the meantime I found something else and I'm busy checking if that plugin solves my problems. I'll let you know.
Kind regards,
Josh Haijer

Hi, Shane is on holiday this week so I am reviewing his outstanding tickets. I see that you are looking at some other options and I am updating the ticket status to reflect that. No need to reply right now, the ticket will remain open for 30 days. Thanks!

i Christian,
there will probably be no solution, because I tried everything but there is no way I can get to the modules without opening settings on my server - and there my 'host' refuses more or less to do that, because he thinks that's a bad idea. So: no modules. But I will probably get by without them. I received some examples and find that they are hard to change. But maybe that's my lack of understanding. For now I use another plug in (Easy Testimonials) and that works for me (though also not completely the way I want it to). So if there is no solution, I can do two things: ask my money back or sit back and wait for something to happen.

Does your host support site migration tools like Duplicator or All-in-One WP Migration? If so, then it may be possible to create a clone of your site on another, less restrictive server, import the modules there, then migrate the clone back to the original server. This is really only necessary for the initial module import, because Toolset Module Manager isn't required to be active to use a module's components. Those components are imported into your database and continue to exist even if you delete the Module Manager plugin.

If a migration-based solution isn't satisfactory, then a refund might be the most practical option. I say that because your host environment does not support the requirements of the software, and I don't expect that our software will be updated to offer an alternative option in a reasonable timeframe. If you'd like to request a refund, you may do so by visiting your account page here on toolset.com.

Hi Christian,
thank you for your answer. I will consider things and talk to my host. (I have a private server but he is very security focused. If I really want it, I can open the settings and then import the modules I guess - he opened fUrl- then I could see the modules, bur when I tried to import them, the problem was cUrl. Very confusing for a non-nerd!
I will let you know!
Kind regards,
Josh Haijer

I'll stand by for your update. No need to reply right now, the ticket will remain open for 30 days. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.