Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with Genesis Child Theme – Left

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.90 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
genesis.JPG

Hello,
since I bought Toolset i am trying and trying to get my Genesis Child Theme working with Toolset, but i am getting frustrated. I am always getting in the frontend on the left side a empty space that will not disappear. I tried to use a fresh new child theme but the same problem. Without Toolset the Frontend Layout is ok. But with Layouts Plugin I get a Space on the left side
S
ee on screenshot:

hidden link

Please help me!!!

content-sidebar-wrap.png

Hi, I'll be happy to help. Can you confirm that you are using these latest versions:

Toolset Layouts 1.9
Toolset Genesis Integration 1.8
Genesis Framework 2.4.2

Can you tell me the Bootstrap settings you have selected in Toolset > Settings > General?
Can you tell me if your child theme uses Bootstrap?

When I look at your site, I see some CSS from the Dynamik theme that is causing the display issue you are referring to. Please see the attached screenshot. The class "content-sidebar-wrap" has a width of 900px and is set to float:right by your Dynamik theme, not by Layouts. This has the effect of pushing the content over to the right, since there is more than 900px of width available in its parent container.

If I delete the content-sidebar-wrap class from your markup, the content expands to fill the entire width of the parent container. It still appears to have quite a few layout issues after removing that class, but this should get you past the left margin issue.

Hi Christian,

thanks for your answer. Yes i have installed the latest Versions of Plugins and Genesis.
The Bootstrap settings in Toolset Setting is:
The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 3.0
(I also tried to change this option, but it did not help to solve the problem.)
I also tried to use Toolset Layouts before with my Genesis Child Theme eleven40Pro but I had also CSS Frontend Problems in the Layout when using Layouts plugin. So I decided to buy the Dynamic Website Builder Theme from CobaltApps, to get clean CSS. This is what I am using right now.
When I am using the Theme without Layouts Plugin the Frontend CSS of the Theme is ok.
I am now trying for several weeks to solve this problem but I don't know what to to.
I really think that your plugin is very nice when I get it to work.
Also I want to keep my Genesis Theme and not use another Theme.
Is there an boxed Genesis Child Theme that is working good with your plugin?
I really don't know what to do now.
Can I overwrite the CSS with a custom CSS to solve the 900px Problem?
Thank you very much

Hi, I would like to take a look at the Dynamik Website Builder Theme from CobaltApps to see if I can figure out how to help you get this working better with Layouts. Could you post the theme in a zip file somewhere I can download? You can upload the zip file to Google Drive, or DropBox, or another file sharing service. I will download it and install locally. You can post the link here in a private reply so the files aren't public.

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.17.28 PM.png

Hi, I was able to download a clone of your site using Duplicator so I can play with it locally. I would like to be able to use the eleven40 theme since you already have that working without Layouts. It seems like it would be a lot of extra work to recreate your design in Dynamik. Do you agree?

Please activate eleven40 and then deactivate the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin. This will get the overall structure of your site to display correctly. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see. Next, you can start to modify the existing Layouts to match your desired site design.

Thanks for your patience, and please let me know if you get stuck. I will try to help you through it.

Thanks Christian, when the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin is deactivated, the Frontend looks much better 🙂
Meanwhile I will use it deactivated an hope with an future update of this plugin it will be compatible with the Genesis Child theme.
Greetings and thank you for helping

You are welcome! Feel free to contact us again if you need additional assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.