Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with elementor

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,

I just buy Elementor plugin because i have seen you advice to use it. It seems great, but i have an error when i want to create template with Elementor. (I have to use the_content).

I use Toolset Starter Theme. Do you think i can find solution ?

I would like to use some parts of site with Toolset layout especiaily the main website and other with Elementor (landing page)

Thanks for your help.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Firstly, please note that the Toolset Starter Theme is deprecated and we recommend you use another theme such as those listed here: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

The single.php template of the Toolset Starter Theme conditionally uses the_content() only if you are not using Layouts.

The solution to the error message you see from Elementor is to disable Layouts in this case. If you continue with the Toolset Starter Theme you must use either Elementor or Layouts, but not both.

Hi,

I am not sure to understand, so can i keep the the theme Starter (because i have made my main website with) and create landing pages with Elementor with the same website or not ?

IF not, it is a problem for me, do you think it is possible to move my website to Elementor easily ?

Nigel
Supporter

You can use the Toolset Starter theme with Elementor, but only if you disable Layouts.

Or, if you must continue with Layouts on some pages and want to use Elementor for some static pages, then you could in a child theme add modified page templates for individual pages you want to design with Elementor.

Say you had a page with a slug of "landing", then you could duplicate the page.php template and call it page-landing.php.

Then edit it to remove the test for Layouts, like so:

<?php
	get_header();
	if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
		toolset_assigned_message('content-template');
		the_content();
	endwhile; endif;  // WP Loop
	get_footer();

That won't include any header or footer that you created with Layouts.

Hi,

I am sorry but it doesn't work ANYmore. I show you my code, but i don't understand if a could use types and views with your solution. If not, it is not the solution for me.

I am bit disappointed, because i follow all the time Toolset and i buy Elementor for that.

I hope i could find solution.

Thansk a lot.

----
<?php
if ( defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' ) ) :
get_header( 'layouts');
the_ddlayout();
get_footer( 'layouts' );
else:

endif; // IF Layouts are enabled
the_content(); ?>

Nigel
Supporter

The problem is that you are using the Toolset Starter Theme which has been deprecated for some time now and is no longer supported.

You can use Toolset and Elementor together with most themes, the list of recommended themes in particular, but Elementor doesn't work with the Toolset Starter Theme because it does not use the_content() to output the post content because the theme is designed specifically to work with Layouts and which uses an alternative to the_content() to render the post content.

Sorry, I tried to get the individual pages to work by editing the templates but when I tried I couldn't.

I understand that you are disappointed but it is not that Elementor is incompatible with Toolset, but it is incompatible with the Toolset Starter Theme, which is discontinued.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.