Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post excerpt shows filename, post title and widget data

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by margaretJ1355 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 4.21.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 4.21.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 4.20.40 PM.png

I am trying to: Show a post except on the archive page that only includes the number of words specified in the archive cell.

I visited this URL: under dev, must be logged in to view
hidden link

I expected to see: featured image, post title, excerpt

Instead, I got: Featured image, The post title repeated in the excerpt, the excerpt with the widget title and contents, and the file name from an embedded pdf.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please share problem URL where I can see the issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I can see that there is no issue with [wpv-post-excerpt] shortcode.

Actually, if you compare follow two links and under fusion builder section:
hidden link
=> with above link there is no post title added

Now,
hidden link
=> If you check above link - there is post title added. So - as post title shortcode added with above link it displays just before the excerpt because its added to post body and using post body post excerpt is generated.

If you try to remove the post title, I hope you have the solution you are looking for.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 1.23.35 PM.png

Even if I remove the post title, there are still other elements added to the post excerpt. The title of the pdf in the excerpt and the widget in the 2 column.

Also, I do not want the title in the default position at the top of the page. I wanted to use the fusion builder so I did not have to style a layout with CSS. Even if I used a view or toolset layout to remove the title and widget from the post, I still have the issue of the PDF name in the post.

I just noticed the excerpt box on the edit page of post. That is just what I need.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.