Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Possible Divi integration bug

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Francesco Di Candia 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Francesco Di Candia.

Author

I am trying to: Save Divi builder front end editor

I expected to see: The page saved as designed

Instead, I got: A blank page as the Toolset Layouts was reset to the default layout instead of my custom why.

Basically due to toolset placing various random <p> tags in placed which leaves white spaces i have a layout for my homepage which consits of a layouts row and a divi content cell, if i edit this page with Divi front end editor to resets the layout to the default one rather than my custom layout for the homepage.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with a link to the page so that I can have a look as well as admin access so that I can perform some basic debug steps.

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi David,
Shane is off today so I will be taking over this ticket. I hope that’s okay with you.
I'm trying to access your site with the credentials you wrote but they don't seem to work.
So, please, double check them and send me the new one, the private fields will be enabled for your next response.
Thank you, Francesco

Hi David,
I checked what you wrote but did not manage to reproduce your problem.
I opened the page, enabled the Visual Builder and saved but it remains ok.
Probably I didn't understand your problem.
Could you attach some screenshots and/or some video so I can better understand where is the issue?

It has happened, probably hard to see though...

The toolset slider loaded on the page now is from the default Pages layout, not the custom About Pages layout...

So the header here (with the man quarrying) was loaded initially...
hidden link

Now after saving ot reverts back to the default pages layout slider which is a deer looking though grass

incorrect.jpg
correct.jpg

Here are 2 screenshots pointing to what is corrected...

Hi David,
I checked your issue and, together with the Layouts Developer Team, we are debugging your issue.
I will inform you as I'll have more information.
Thank you for your patience,
Francesco

Do you have any updates on this, as the site i was working on has now gone live and the customer is now complaining of this issue.

Hi David,
I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
For this, I'll need to install the Duplicator plugin on your site.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
I'll also install the ARI Adminer plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/ari-adminer/) to check the DB of your site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Thank you, Francesco

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.