Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the audio file.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Audio field is not working in CRED form and displays error:
Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the audio file.

Solution:
Client was using older version of Canvas theme. Updated to latest version of theme and Toolset plugins resolved the issue.

Note: Please update ALL Toolset plugins and theme to latest versions.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/installing-toolset/installation-step-by-step/

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Daniel Peña Medina 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.42.57 AM.png

It also happens with the images

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end.

1. Can you please make sure that you are using latest Toolset Plugins?

2. Can you please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it? I have enabled debug info box for your next reply:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

3. Can you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

4. Please provide us link to the page where we can see this issue.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 2.06.28 PM.png

I have disabled all the plugins and left the "toolset kit". I have put the theme sixteen and the problem continues.

hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Hello Daniel,

I can not see the form in the link you have provided. Please send me working link so that I can see the issue.

I have also enabled private message box, please send us temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your staging site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [Form] Edit Screen and [Page] Edit Screen where you have inserted this Form.

Looking forward to help you, Thank you

Edit_Lesson_Plan_‹_Northeast_Georgia_STEM_—_WordPress.png

FYI, Noman, I'm seeing the exact same issue. When trying to save an image, a relative url is put into the image field and then the validation won't let the post be saved. I don't have any plugins installed that would affect the image url. I'd prefer not to hack away at the Types validation code when it is clearly a bug (since it's been reported dozens of times).

Noman
Supporter

Hello Daniel,

I have thoroughly debugged your site and found that problem is in Canvas theme and JS code you have added in Cred Form. I have changed the theme to Twenty Sixteen and commented out the JS code from Cred Form and now Audio file is successfully uploaded. Please check here:
hidden link

- For now I have enabled WP Debug mode and when we activate Canvas theme, you will see an error in the WP Dashboard for a deprecated function. While using Canvas theme, I also at times noticed error in the error_log file which relates to the wp-blog-header.php

- I have also commented out the custom JS added in the CRED Form because that was also showing a JS error in the browser console.

Thank you

Thanks, but is the same for image upload 🙁

Noman
Supporter

Hello Daniel,

Image upload issue could also be related to the same audio file upload issue.

Your site is using Canvas theme v5.9.22, which is an year old. Please update Canvas theme to the latest version 5.11.4 and then try the audio upload with it. And test it without the custom JS code.

Canvas Changelog: hidden link

Thank you

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.