Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Perhaps a bug in 'Toolset Layouts'

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
01 Toolset Arkiv Layout.png
02 Toolset WordPress Arkiv.png
03 Widget - Sidebar.png
04 Toolset Template ‹ loop-item-pjaser.png
05 RIGTH Layout.jpg
06 WRONG Layout.jpg

I use Toolset Layout (See fig. 01 Toolset Arkiv Layout) to displays 2 cells in a bootstrap row:

-- a WP Archive -

<section class="col-sm-9 contents" id="archive-contents">

See fig. 02 Toolset WordPress Arkiv

-- a Widget (sidebar) -

<div class="col-sm-3 side" id="archive-sidebar">

See fig. 03 Widget - Sidebar

I expected to see:
-------------------------
What appears in this page: hidden link

Instead, I got:
What appears in the following page: hidden link

The same code is used for both pages. If you take a look at the 'Toolset Template' used to format the contents for both pages(See fig. 04 Toolset Template ‹ loop-item-pjaser), you can see that all the HTML tags have been properly opened and closed.

Nevertheless, if you take a look at the HTML code (See fig. 05 RIGTH Layout and fig. 06 WRONG Layout) which perhaps is created by the Toolset Layouts, you can see that it creates, for some reason, an overlapping </DIV> tag between the 2 cells, but only in some cases...

This issue was discovered after the last update of the Toolset. So I wonder if this can be some kind of bug with the Toolset Layouts?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

This works fine with a Layout Ready Theme.

I think the issue might be with the AVADA integration.
I as such need first to get a actual AVADA Version and then deploy the integration and check the output.

Please stand by, I should be ready with this by tomorrow.

This works perfectly fine with Avada as well.

It must be some content that is wider than your Column and probably not responsive.
Can you provide me access to the site?

Thank you for the info, but I need to know where the issue is.

You provided access to a different site.
Can you point me to the issue page, layout, and so on?

Thank you

Hi,

I don't understand what do you mean with a 'different site'?

It seems like you didn't read the information I provided before. Now I wonder what you exactly mean with the observation: 'This works perfectly fine with Avada as well...'?

The site is not a different one but a replicated one, just please change the links I provided with the following:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Regards

1. I don't understand what do you mean with a 'different site'?

In your report, you mention:

Instead, I got:

But you provided me access to a completely different site, correct?
The access site is:
toolset.a3d.se (I can delete this URL after if you wish so)

2. It seems like you didn't read the information I provided before. Now I wonder what you exactly mean with the observation: 'This works perfectly fine with Avada as well...'?

I did read the information provided before, that is why I was puzzled on the different URL's.
With "This works perfectly fine with Avada as well..." I mean, that I tested a 2 column Layout with the AVADA Theme and Integration locally, and that works.
I used your same setup, being an archive in one and a widget in another Column, on the same row.
Just as you show in the first post.

3. The site is not a different one but a replicated one, just please change the links I provided with the following:

I did not know that.
This is why I asked clarification. Thank you for providing them 🙂

4. I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

The difference here is, that you use (on hidden link) just one View:
Information om författare

On the other page, you use 2 Views:
Information om författare
Information om Översättare

I am not entirely sure how you include those Views to the Layout.
The Layout contains an Archive (and that archive is not applying above Views as far I see)
It's also calling a Widget (Layouter Search) which does not call the Views.

Can you show me how you include the above 2 Views to the Layout?
I think this is the issue.

It seems that the additional View (Information om Översättare) is somehow pushing the second column down.

Thank you Beda,

I found a workaround to the issue above and it seems like everything works now as expected: hidden link

The development site (hidden link) finally, is going to be transfered to the main site: hidden link

Thank you again for your team's valuable work. I am really satisfied with the professional, quick and kind support I got from you and your colleagues.

Kind regards

What was the issue?
Was it in the View that is additionally loaded?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.