Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Payment confirmation message appears multiple times

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
While using Easy Digital Downloads with Toolset Layouts. Add to cart button is appearing multiple times on the same Single post or layout (custom post type = Downloads).

Solution:
As of today, this is a compatibility issue between Toolset Layouts and few plugins and is reported to the development team. There is a simple workaround for it which is mentioned below:

1. Please make sure Toolset plugins are updated to latest versions (Layouts, Views, Cred etc):
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2. Disabled the automatic output of the purchase button in the Easy Digital Downloads (Download Settings box) and add the button using Purchase Shortcode inside the post body. Screenshot here:
https://d7j863fr5jhrr.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/531570-cart_button.png?x72603

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 14.16.23.png

Hey Noman,

I've come across some weird repeating elements in Toolset recently.

On one site we're using WPSimple Pay Pro to take a payment.
Check out this page: hidden link
Click the Köp Nu turquioise button and enter in a test card no. (4242424242424242) and some details.

When you place the order the payment confirmation message comes up in every row.
(See my attached screengrab).

We had a similar problem yesterday with the add to cart button in Easy Digital Downloads.
The button gets displayed multiple times on each row.

You can see this add to cart button appearing multiple times here:
hidden link

These two issues seem related to me. Can you help us debug them?

Thanks for your support.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

add to cart buttons.png

Hi Guy,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. That’s quite strange, let's go through it one by one. For this site:
hidden link

1. Have you built this page using Toolset Layouts?
2. Are you also using Toolset WooCommerce Views on this site?

3. Also can you please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it? I have enabled debug info box for your next reply:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

4. Please see attached screenshot and let me know for the correct Add to cart button.

Thank you

Hey Noman,

Good idea! let's work through these issues one at a time.

So for this first site (caprica.wildheartmedia.net) we are using a Toolset layout with this page.
We're not using WooCommerce however as the customer has a long history using Easy Digital Downloads.

Your screenshot is correct - the button you have highlighted is the one we want to keep.

Thanks,

Guy

Noman
Supporter

Hello Guy ,

From the debug information you provided, I can see that you are using older version of Toolset plugins (Layouts, Views, Cred etc). Please update ALL Toolset plugins to it latest official release. Or you can download it from your account:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you

Thanks Noman,

Well spotted. What's the best way to upgrade these?
Should I deactivate them and then overwrite the existing folders via FTP?

Or is there another way to upgrade? (In WP there is no option to upgrade them - it's not saying that there are new versions available when I go to plugins.)

Noman
Supporter

Hello Guy,

=== Please backup your database and website ===

We have a button to "Check for updates" in the Plugins >> Add New plugins >> Commercial tab, which you can use in such cases and it will enforce to show new updates available.

If still you can not find updates of Toolset plugins, then please delete Toolset plugins from WordPress dashboard (make sure there is no Toolset related folder, for example “Types” or “Views” etc. exists in your FTP, if you see any Toolset folders for example Types” or “Views” etc. in FTP then please delete it) and re-install it again from Commercial Tab in WordPress Dashboard. Don’t worry all of your Toolset data will be kept as it is.

OR You can download and install from your account: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thank you

Hey Noman,

I've now updated to all the latest versions of the plugin. But the problem is still occurring.
Let me know what I can do next.

Thanks,

Guy

Noman
Supporter

Hello Guy,

To debug this issue further, I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your staging site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Looking forward to help you, Thank you

Noman
Supporter

cart button.png

Hello Guy,

I have thoroughly checked the issue, and found that there is an issue with Toolset Layouts and Easy Digital Download plugin. And the same issue is happening for Yoast (breadcrumbs section), looks like EDD has made some updates and is hooking into template tags available on the page..

For now, I have “Disable the automatic output of the purchase button” (see attached screenshot) and the button is no longer repeated on the page. I have added the button using Purchase Shortcode now, please check here:
hidden link

I have taken a note of it and will install Easy Digital Downloads plugin at my site and further debug this. But in the meantime, please let me know if above solution is good.

Thank you

Thanks Noman,

That does the trick... We had done this work-around ourselves so I was hoping we could get the buttons displaying automatically without having to create buttons manually for each product.

But we have to be pragmatic. So I'm happy to move on 🙂

Do you want me to raise another ticket about the WP Easy Pay confirmation message being repeated on hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

Oh okay I see that now, thanks for understanding in this case.

For WP Easy Pay, have you also added some custom code or workaround in that too?

Thank you

Hi Noman,

No we have no work-around for the issue with WP Simple Pay and it's really important that we get this issue fixed as the site can't go live as it is.

Thanks for your support!

Guy

Noman
Supporter

Okay then, please kindly open a new ticket for that one. I will also need WP-admin and FTP login info for that site too and you can take backup too before I proceed on debugging it.

I will enable private box reply in the new ticket, as I am here I will be able to respond quickly.

Thank you

Closing this ticket now. Will open a new one for WP Simple Pay.

Noman
Supporter

Just wanted to add a note here, that this issue is fixed and will be released in upcoming version of Toolset / Layouts.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.