Skip Navigation

[Resolved] parent post titles containing html special characters

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
associations-error.JPG

Hi,
I've imported parent and child posts into my website. When I try to import associations I receive a list of associations that can't be imported - these seem to be for parent post titles that contain the HTML special characters ampersand, quotes and apostrophe - I've converted them to "& amp;", "& quot;" and "& apos;" (without space). For parent post titles that do not contain HTML special characters the associations are imported ok.
Are there any known problem - what's the solution.?
Thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I think that you will need to change the special characters with their respective HTML entities in the parent posts CSV file, and in the children posts CSV file. Does it make sense?

If that does not work for you please reproduce the issue on this test site with minimal CSV files. Only add 2 or 3 posts to showcase the issue and I'll see if we can find a solution for it. You can log into the test site with the following URL

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I'll close this ticket myself as you were not able to do it.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/close-ticket-and-insert-jquery-into-js-editor/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.