Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parent layout does not show when page is set as a Frontpage

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.17 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by PetrV1508 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author
Layout.png
Layout2.png

I am trying to: set a page as a new frontpage. This page has now URL activetour.cz/home and has its own Child layout and is connected to Parent layout. The page is ok if it is not set as a frontpage. When I change the page to frontpage, the parent layout is not seen.

I expected to see: new frontpage with Parent+child layout.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter
home.png

Hello Petr,
Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Could you please check that the layout is checked as "Home"? Please use the image as a reference.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

Home.png

Hello Carlos, the layout is checked as "Home", see attachment.
P.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Petr,

I installed the plugin Duplicator, could you create a copy of the site and share a download link with me so I can test it our test environment? Please don't forget to share the installer.php file too.

Thanks,
Carlos

Carlos, there is an error message. I can not finish the duplicator´s task. It is also strange that it caltulates 709 MB compressed archive, but my complete backup of this site is about 160MB.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Yes, it happen sometimes. To gain some time lets do this: make a copy of your site files and export the DB. Share a download link with all that and I will install it manually. The result will be the same.

I would rather share it in private mode...

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Sure, next answer will be private.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Petr,

The files are there, I just need the DB export.

Thanks,
Carlos

I need the private connection again.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Sorry, honest mistake.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Petr,
It seems that you changed the role of the user you share credentials. Could you change it back to Administrator?

Regards,
Carlos

...done.

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Petr,

Could you temporarily remove the font-page.php file and check the home page again?

Regards,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.