Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Paragraph tags in lay-out disappear on the front end

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Staff-page-problem4.PNG
Staff-page-problem3.PNG
Staff-page-problem2.PNG
Staff-page-problem1.PNG
Staff-page-problem0.PNG

I am trying to: solve a problem that a recent Toolset update caused (I cannot remember which update exactly - I noticed the problem immediately after making the update, but did not have time to open a support thread until now).

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: line breaks in both the left and right column of the basic staff info, e.g. on the left:

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Faculty of Humanities
Department of Philosophy

That is how it was displayed until the update.

Instead, I got: well, you can see it on the page - the items are placed on one line. Inspecting the element reveals that the paragraph tags inserted in the lay-out have disappeared on the front end.

I can confirm the issue.

You can use "div" for now, even thou that is not the same, or, "br".

I reported the issue and we will debug this and solve as soon as possible.

Thank you a lot for pointing us to the issue.
If you happen to recall when it happened, even just "around that date", it will help me a lot to consolidate the report.

Thanks, I will try with the <div> tags. I already tried with the <br> tag after I first noticed the problem, but that had the same result as the <p> tags.

I updated one of the plugins in your toolset yesterday, I normally do my updates fairly quickly after the dashboard prompts me to do so. It was the update that I did before that, I don't know which of your plugins it was - but given the problem, probably Layouts. It may have been the case though that it was an update of several Toolset plugins at the same time at that moment, or that is what I seem to recall. So it might be the combination.

This is not yet solved.
I am pushing the developers to look into this ASAP.

Thank you for the patience.

This will be solved in the next Layouts release 2.1
This will be available as a beta version by tomorrow and as stable release soon after.

I will update again here when it's released as a stable version.

This is now solved in the current stable Layouts release.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.