Skip Navigation

[Resolved] overriding bootstrap columns

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,

In the new layouts update you seem to have added a css line that overrides all bootstrap columns to have no padding.

in /layouts/resources/css/ddl-front-end.css

line: 39:

.ddl-full-width-row>[class*="col-"]{
padding-right: 0px;
padding-left: 0px;
}

I am assuming this was to override for the header navigation, maybe it would be better to have a more specific class rather than on all ddl-full-width-row which is automatically added to every full with row. this will change/break layout on every site with full width rows.

-Garen

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Garen

Thanks for the feedback.

I have passed it on to our Layouts team and I'll let you know their reaction.

In future, might I suggest you use the Toolset Professional forum for a more prompt response?

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

I'm just updating the status of this to escalated for tracking purposes as there is now an internal ticket to investigate further, which means I will be able to update you when there is some progress to report.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

I'm afraid you will have to override that rule to re-instate the default padding on columns inside full-width rows as it was added for a particular purpose and is not going to be removed.

You can simply add the padding back in using the same selector, i.e.

.ddl-full-width-row>[class*="col-"] {
  padding-right: 15px;
  padding-left: 15px;
}

Hi Nigel,

I can't seem to understand why it needs to be added can you elaborate?

Your snippet of code redefines every bootstrap row from its natural definition for a specific purpose, that does not sound very practical to me. alt least give option that says row with full width and default padding...

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

I can't really elaborate because I am in no doubt that you are correct and I personally disagree with how this has been implemented.

Layouts has changed the default behaviour to fix one particular scenario instead of adding an override for that particular scenario.

If you want the default Bootstrap behaviour of 15px horizontal padding on columns you will have to add it back yourself as described above, even on existing sites where the addition of this CSS rule may have broken the design.

I'm sorry I can't be any more helpful than that.

HI Nigel,

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Garen

I'm just marking this ticket as closed.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.