Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Odd versus even number of items in a view changes the footer appearance

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Franck 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I am trying to display a page with a list of items (view inside a template inside a layout), with a pagination.
Depending of the odd or even number of items, the footer is boxed or full-width.
It seems that the second item lacking in the row is creating this issue.
Please compare the bottom of the page between :

hidden link
and
hidden link

or

hidden link
and
hidden link

Why don't you answer to me?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Franck,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. Can you please explain how you are controlling or limiting list items based on even numbers? Normally we would display even and odd both post items in a View.

1. Can you please check for a possible theme conflict? To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), And see if this issue goes away with default theme?

2. Further, to debug this issue I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the Views Edit Screen or View Name, Template Name and Layout name.

Thank you

Hi Noman,

1 - I use the Toolset theme.

2 - I can backup the website (which is a Research and Development website), open it to you, and after you have a look at the two issues I have) I can restore it. But if you change something, it will be lost. We can also have a skype together and investigate quickly the 2 issues sharing my screen (I would prefer this solution).

If you prefer to have admin access to the site, I would prefer not to give credentials in a forum where "the next answer will be private".
Could you send me your email (using my account email) and I will invite you temporarily in an encrypted virtual working room?

Best,

Franck

Noman
Supporter

Hello Franck,

Thank you for providing more details. First kindly please provide us the below information. We will consider Skype call option later on.

1. Please kindly share your Debug Informations with us: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Send us the View Code you have used on this page, so we can analyze that: hidden link

3. If you can add some screenshots of the backend screens where you have created this View or Page that will also help to debug the issue.

We respect privacy of your data and if any of this info you can’t share here on the forum, I can send you an email so that you can me above stuff there.

Looking forward to get this info and help you further.
Thank you

Hi Noman,

Ok, of course, to send you the View Code.
I have no problem either to give you admin access to this R&D website (as it is dedicated to evaluating the new Toolset solutions).

I would prefer to have your email since our R&D is supposed to stay more or less confidential. 😉

Best,

Franck

Noman
Supporter

Hello Franck,

Sure, I have just sent you an email to the address you have in your Toolset account. Please check that.

Thank you for your co-operation

Noman
Supporter

Hello Franck,

I did some testing on your site to see if basic options are working as expected.

Then I go again through the Loop Wizard in the Views “Liste des peintres” and “Les tableaux du lieu” >> and Saved the Views again.

Now footer on these pages displaying good, please take a look here:
- hidden link
- hidden link

If you found the same footer issue on any other Layouts Page, then please repeat the same steps I have mentioned above.

I hope this will resolve the problem. Please let us know if you find any further issue in this matter.
Thank you

Page Lieux broken.jpg

Hello Noman,

Could you explain or show exactly what you do when:

"Then I go again through the Loop Wizard in the Views “Liste des peintres” and “Les tableaux du lieu” >> and Saved the Views again."

About "Les tableaux du lieu", to get there, using the website, you have first to visit:
hidden link
and this page is now broken.

As it is an R&D web site, I let it broken without restoring a previous version of the site, for you to be able to find this new issue. As I did not change anything on the website since we work together on it, I suppose it has something to do with the topic above.

Thanks for your help,

Franck

Noman
Supporter

Hello Franck,

1. Please go to: Toolset >> Views >> Edit Liste des peintres >> Loop Output Editor >> click Loop Wizard >> click Next >> Finish >> click Save all sections at once.

2. Somehow Wrong/Empty Template Layout was selected for this page, I have selected Lieux Layout (you can select any Template Layout you want to use) and now pages looks fine: hidden link

Please try above steps and let me know if you still found any trouble..
Thank you

Mohammad,

1 - Thanks for the complete path! 🙂
I just had the opportunity to apply it to the view "Les tableaux du peintre".
And it solved once again the bottom page issue.

1 bis - One last question if you don't mind.
Why need to do this : "Toolset >> Views >> Edit Liste des peintres >> Loop Output Editor >> click Loop Wizard >> click Next >> Finish >> click Save all sections at once." = to "refresh" the view?
Only for me to understand and not to have to ask again when meeting elsewhere in Toolset the same kind of behaviour.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Franck,

Why need to do this : "Toolset >> Views >> Edit Liste des peintres >> Loop Output Editor >> click Loop Wizard >> click Next >> Finish >> click Save all sections at once." = to "refresh" the view?

-- I certainly understand your concern about this. It is not the necessary step, for some reason the layout was disturbed/broken on your website when you added the View in Template Layout. Usually this does not happen and I hope that the new Views / Layouts you will add in future also won’t have this behaviour.

Have a great day,
Thank you

Mohammad,

The explanation is perhaps here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-only-integration-via-template-into-layouts/

In any case, thanks a lot for your help with this thread that is now solved. 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.