Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some CPT markers missing from map

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Some markers appear to be missing from my map. I should see several markers in Poland, but I only see one.

Solution: Check the addresses of the missing markers. In this case it appears that the exact same locations are used for several markers, so the markers are currently overlapping. You can use clustering or Spiderfy features to help differentiate several icons in the same location.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicola Inwood 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: ensure all google map markers are displaying for each user/users have multiple CPTs with markers

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: lets focus on Poland. There is a user who has submitted 6 CPT that correspond to a address in poland but only one of their CPTs is showing on the map. I have other examples from users who have submitted CPT and only one of their markers is showing up.

Instead, I got: I am hoping that when a user submits a CPT that has an address, all of their published CPT will show on the map. I have tested if it is related to similar addresses being submitted but this did not result in a change. Our users submit daily CPT (gives) and attach an address to where they completed this action and I had hoped that each published CPT (action) would show up on the map. Just not sure what is wrong in the configuration. I also think that the posts stopped posting on the map a while ago...as of a certain date, have tested if there is a conflict with a plug in and i have not found one yet...

Hi, can you provide more information?
- Take a screenshot or screenshots showing the entire Map View editor screen in wp-admin. Expand any sections so I can see their contents.
- Copy any markup code in the Loop Output and any code included in Content Templates and paste it all here for me to review.
- Disable all other plugins except Types, Views, and Maps. Test again. If the missing results begin to appear, reactivate plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed.
- Find one of the missing posts in wp-admin and check the value of the location field. Let me know what you find.

screencapture-365give-ca-wp-admin-admin-php-1520288506347.png

Christian,

I have disabled all the plugins and i did not get a change..

Here is all in the code in the loop output editor

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" map_width="100%" map_height="600" map_type_control="off" street_view_control="off" marker_icon="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"]
	<wpv-loop>
      [wpv-conditional if="(has_term('animal-gives', 'type-of-give', null) eq '1')"]

[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-1" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_icon="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" marker_field="wpcf-address-where-you-completed-your-give"][/wpv-map-marker]
      [/wpv-conditional]

[wpv-conditional if="(has_term('environment-gives', 'type-of-give', null) eq '1')"]
      [wpv-map-marker map_id="map-1" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_icon="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" marker_field="wpcf-address-where-you-completed-your-give"][/wpv-map-marker]

[/wpv-conditional]

[wpv-conditional if="(has_term('people-gives', 'type-of-give', null) eq '1')"]
      [/wpv-conditional]

</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Where we seem to be getting stuck, though it did work at one point, is when a user submits multiple CPT (which show on the map) it is only showing one of their submitted cpt not all of their submissions (users can submit cpt through a form and their submission is to show up on the map - users submit more than one cpt but only one cpt is showing on the map) so i am not sure if this is designed to only show one icon at one time for one user or if one user can post multiple icons on the map...

hope that makes sense....

minesh had helped me set this up

here is the link to that support ticket

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-different-marker-image-on-a-single-map-using-taxonomies/

I don't see anything in the View that would prevent multiple icons for a single User, unless the User includes the exact same address in multiple CPTs. I suspect that could be happening here. Please locate some CPTs that seem to be missing in the map, and check the address field for each one. My guess is that several CPTs use the same address, and the icons are all placed on top of one another. You can use icon clustering or Spiderfy features to help differentiate multiple icons in a single area: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/

If the addresses are different yet the icons do not appear, then please add some code to the end of your map View's Loop so we can investigate in more detail. This code will add some text to the page source without displaying it to your site visitors:

<wpv-loop>
<div style="display:none;">
[wpv-post-title]: [wpv-post-field name="wpcf-address-where-you-completed-your-give"]
</div>
</wpv-loop>

We can then inspect the page source and see what's going on.

Christian

Boy do i ever feel dumb...you are right they were on top of each other....feel silly for even asking and did not zoom in enough to see all of them....the owners of the site do not want to spiderfy or cluster the icons so we will just leave it as it is...but at least i can now explain it to people....

so sorry for my dumb question and thanks for showing me the way.....

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.